cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to leave virgin

sianaiken94
Joining in

Hi looking for help

Ive been with virgin since I was 16 and I’ve only stayed with them for convenience. I’ve dealt with poor, rude customer service and I can’t be bothered anymore. I want to get out of my contract but I need someone to advise me on how to do it properly. I just feel like I’d be better off with another provider now  

8 REPLIES 8

never_again2
Tuning in

I know the feeling.  If you're still in contract it might be tricky and there could be a price to pay, but if you've been with them for a while you might be out of contract in which case it's just a matter of giving them notice.

If you telephone them, record the call if in any way possible, and ask them to confirm in writing.  If you can do it via webchat, capture the screen.

If your experience is like mine, they will make it as awkward as possible, and I'm afraid they can't be trusted not to lose track of it.

Don't throw any of your kit away in the meantime, and when the time comes to send that back, make sure you take a picture or video of what you're returning as evidence.

Last but not least, as soon as you've asked to cancel your contract, make a Subject Access Request.  This, by law, obliges Virgin to send you a copy of all of the data that they hold on you.  They must, by law, fulfil it within 30 days or justify why they can't.  The point of this isn't to be vexatious, it's to get written evidence of everything you've gone through with them.  I can't recommend doing that strongly enough.

Good luck!

The easiest way is to send a text message to 65075 with the word PAC DD/MM/YYYY

Of course the date bit is your date of birth.

Then you give the resulting code to a new supplier and they will transfer your number in 24 hours.

You are in luck if you are in contract, as until the end of this month there should be no penalties due to the upcoming 11. Something % rise that happens in April.

Hi thank you for your response would you advise ringing them if I am in contract then and just see what they say?

If you just send the text you'll get a response in 1 minute and an explanation of charges (if any). There's no obligation to leave anyway so that's a free service. The (likely) answer is no penalty (apart from any unpaid bills or out of plan charges).

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sianaiken94,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with our service and have been looking to leave us.

Sadly we cannot process disconnections/cancellations from here, however please do feel free to request your PAC from the number advised above or feel free to call us on 789 for free, or 0345 600 0789 and our team will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Beth

Friedrich
Joining in

If you are a Virgin customer and you are out of contract, you're free to leave at any point and just need to give 30 days' notice. ... You can also try and haggle a better deal from Virgin. If you're leaving because of the lost channels, tell it and ask if it can provide anything else, such as a discount on your package

JRM1982
Joining in

Try using resolver.co.uk typically companies with really poor customer service, like virgin, tend to respond better through services like this.  It will also give you a path to resolution, using ombudsmen etc if required.

Hope this helps

@ JRM1982 

Sadly not! 

Virgin Media has decided not to accept complaints raised via Resolver. As a result, the CISAS is unable to consider complaints raised with Virgin Media via Resolver.

We think this is a shame, as we believe consumers should have many options to access support when raising their issues. However, if you decide to use Resolver, you'll still be able to access our rights guides and template letters to assist with your complaint.

Please contact Virgin Media directly in addition to making a Resolver case. We are sorry for the inconvenience.