cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone changing countries

DaveWillis1
Tuning in

My I phone keeps thinking it’s in another country ie Belgium. I really am getting sick of this happening. I have followed the advice on switching off dial assist. Changing roaming settings to National etc

I raised the issue with apple. They say its not the phone it’s my network provider. I have just joined Virgin and contract is for 12 months. Apparently it’s a problem with Virgin sim cards. How can I stop this happening every couple of days. SO annoying

11 REPLIES 11

You ask have I tried sim in another phone. I am not rich enough to own 2 i phones but my wife has i phone and a virgin sim and hers does the same. We currently have switched toaming settings to National on both our phones but we should not have to fo this. Never did with other networks

It’s rubbish

Hi @DaveWillis1, thanks for your confirmation of this.

I appreciate your comments, and we will feed this back internally for review in the future for a fix.

In the meantime, please keep your roaming settings to National, unless you are of course travelling abroad and you can then change this to International and back again on your return.

Many thanks

Tom_W