Menu
jtjmc5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I cancelled my Sim only order within 14 days but apparently still need to be charged

Hi I have looked a bit on your forums and it seems that this has happened to quite a few other people and isn't a one off!

I initially put an order in for a Sim Only contract with Virgin media but when my current provider offered me a better deal I cancelled the order immediately. Initially I tried cancelling the same day I made the order but was told it was too early to cancel as it hadn't fully been processed yet. I phoned back the next day to cancel and I was told that the cancellation I requested from the day before had gone through and that I shouldn't worry if I get a bill as any fees would be waived- I assumed this was because it was obviously within the 14 day cool down period given that it was only actually an hour after making the order!

Having had confirmed that the order has been cancelled and that there would not be a charge I cancelled the direct debit that had been set up seeing as there was no need for it. However, I received a phone call today saying that I owe something like £160 for a cancellation fee. I explained what had happened and that there shouldn't be a charge and was told to phone cancellations, when I got through to them they said they need to check my documentation and then proceeded to tell me my account has already been cancelled (not what I was actually asking them for) I didn't really seem to get anywhere with this and had to hang up as I had to go to a meeting at work. Is there anyone who can help me with this as I don't want to have to pay a bill that I don't owe, but I would rather not have to contact citizens advice bureau/trading standards!

Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cancelled my Sim only order within 14 days but apparently still need to be charged

Hi there Joe, thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened on your account, if you cancel within the 14 day csg period you should not have a cancellation fee to pay.

Have the team resolved this since your last post?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
jtjmc5
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cancelled my Sim only order within 14 days but apparently still need to be charged

Hi Nathan,

I think it is all solved now!

Joe
0 Kudos