cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

glenito
On our wavelength

Hi Paulina,

I'm an existing Pay Monthly customer and was looking to get an eSIM - are you able to help please?

Best Regards,

Glen 

Hi Glen, 

Thanks for taking the time to post here in the Community. 

I'm afraid we're unable to get an E-SIM ordered via the Community. Please give the team a call on 0800 052 0238 and they will be able to help advise further for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Calling the sales team as a new customer on 0800 052 0238 does work as I have just got myself an eSIM for my iPhone 14 Pro. When I asked about an eSIM the operator said "sure I can help you with an eSIM", although she did mention I would be transferring to O2 soon and would I just like an O2 eSIM instead. Got my email with the eSIM profile about 2 minutes after hanging up the call.IMG_1772.PNG

Anyone had any luck with this. Just rang the number and the guy said that esims are no longer offered. Frustrating as some seem to be getting them and others dont. My phone only has option of one physical sim and one esim, and need work and personal numbers.

If i was you, I'd ask your work to provide an e-sim, they're likely to be more accommodating than Virgin Mobile.

Good Morning @jimspandango, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I would have to echo the statement made by @Kath_F in that e-sims are no longer available.

You're welcome to call the number provided in her post to see if Sales are able to provide a new service via E-Sim, but sadly we have no ability to issue an e-sim to an existing account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I still don't understand why on it's own pages https://www.virginmedia.com/help/esim-profile-download VM says that..

"How do i get an eSIM?

eSIMs are available for all our Pay Monthly customers with eligible devices, once you’ve checked that your device is compatible with eSIM (keep a look out for the eSIM compatible logo on our devices web page). Existing Pay Monthly customers can request an eSIM by calling 789 on your Virgin Mobile phone or online using My Account.

Alternatively new customers can request an eSIM for compatible devices during their purchase online or by calling 0800 052 0422."

But the answer on this forum is that you can't get one and when you call 789 they also say that it's not possible unless you change you contract to upsell to a more expensive plan.