cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

Hi Emma_C

This is not precisely correct. I called the 789 Sales team and they were fully prepared to move me to an eSIM IF i was to sign up to a change in my contract - two unpalatable options for me.

This shows that Virgin CAN give existing customers eSIM but CHOOSE not to. These are different things and definitely Customer Service choices - bad ones in my opinion but presumably costed internally at Virgin Mobile.

This thread is an example of the modern world where this sort of mixed up decision making is exposed by the customers being able to hear from each other.

Chers
Martin

Indeed, https://www.virginmedia.com/help/esim-profile-download says "Existing Pay Monthly customers can request an eSIM by calling 789 on your Virgin Mobile phone or online using My Account" yet I can't see any option in the My Account area.

I joined online a few minutes ago with a sim only deal and there was no eSim option during the signup process. I will be sent a physical sim but I would like an eSim.

Hi jTemplar, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We're really sorry that you were unable to pick an eSIM when joining online, this will be fedback.

As the eSIM should be ordered at the point of sale for new customers it's not something we'd be able to help with from here. We know this is disappointing but if you speak to our Sales Team on 0800 052 0422 and they will be able to help further. 

Thanks 

Emma 

Emma_C - Forum Team

@Emma_C I'm confused. Just a week ago people were getting esims via this very forum thread. Please explain why this is no longer possible.

Hi Emma_C,
Im coming from the United States and my iPhone doesn't support physical sim cards. I'll be in the UK for at least 3 years and to open a bank account, or at least live a daily life where I don't need to borrow a friend's phone, I need to have a UK number. I just purchased a sim-only deal last night but it seems I'm getting a physical sim card. Would I be able to transfer it to an e-sim, without leaving Virgin Mobile? 
Thanks

Hi, how did you sort that out??
Thanks

Morning mrkcms,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

This isn't something we're able to help with via the forums, but you can speak with the sales team on 0800 052 0238 and they'll be happy to help.

Alex_Rm

tusharmittal98
Joining in

Hello,

I have been with Virgin Media for more than 8 years now and I have had a very similar experience to most people who have posted on this forum. I am keen on using my new iPhone soon, so any support I could get with acquiring a new e-SIM would be very much appreciated. I have already spent hours with Customer Service to eventually conclude that the answer varies depending on the person who picks up the phone. Could someone provide clarity on this once and for all? If an e-sim can indeed be offered, please help set it up for me ASAP.

Thanks. 

Hi tusharmittal98,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems ordering an eSIM. As mentioned previously in this thread, we are unable to make this change or help via the Forums, and it would be best to speak with our Mobile Sales Team on 0800 052 0238 to discuss these options further.

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Seems like a chaotic approach with unclear guidance - which typifies the strategy from Liberty Global..........and thus why customers loose confidence.