cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

JonSCB
Joining in

Hello - I'm hoping one of the Forum Team can help me.

I recently got a new phone (Pixel 7 Pro). One of the reasons I chose it was because it had dual SIM capability. I didn't notice that one of the SIMs had to be an eSIM. I want to be able to use my personal and work accounts on one phone (like I did with my previous dual SIM phone). I don't think I'll be able to get an eSIM for my work account so that means I need to get a Virgin eSIM for my personal account. If that isn't possible then I will have to change from Virgin to another provider and I really would like to avoid doing that. 

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Sorted now.

Hey all, 

New customers can get an eSIM when signing up for compatible devices during their purchase online, so at the point of sale or by calling 0800 052 0422.

At this moment in time we are unable to offer eSIMs for existing customers but this is something we're working hard to be able to provide this again in the future. 

If you do wish to discuss any of this further then please get in touch with the team on 789 or 0345 6000 789. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team

@Emma_C - I’m an existing customer and finally managed to get an eSim last week. 

all - I’ve raised a complaint on the virgin website about all the conflicting information

Hi Emma

Will the following work ok?

1. Take out a new package
  2. Get a PAC for my current package and cancel it
  3. Apply PAC to my new package to transfer my number.

Or would I still be "an existing customer" and not be allowed an eSIM?

We do appreciate that Claireofearth and it will be fedback as it's not something that we are offering from here or to existing customers, but it's great that you were able to get one. We're sure we will be in touch soon to discuss your complaint further soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi JonSCB, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

If you were to take out a new package and asked for an eSIM at the point of sale online, or by speaking to the team on the number provided above then that would be fine. You would still need to have an elidable handset however. 

We don't offer porting from Virgin to Virgin however so you would need to get a PAC and then take this to a new provider to then bring it back to us. 

Whilst we do appreciate this is long winded we do not have the option now to offer eSIMs from here or to existing customers, as soon as this changes we will let you know should you wish to wait. 

If you do wish to discuss this matter further with the team then please get in touch on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we can chat from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hello Emma_C,

But I did ask for an esim when I first requested service on 16 December. I was told to call back when I had received the sim card and ported my number over (that wasn't received until 4/1!) From then on I have been told you do not do esims and I have hit a blank wall. I have never experienced such a chaotic and shabby service before. Well done to anyone who gets an esim from Virgin, you appear to be an exception. Many dissatisfied customers have been left.

David

We do apologise for that Daveb15 and this is something that is being fedback to prevent any further disappointment with this matter. 

It is not something we can offer via the forums for any customers new or existing so we would have to advise calling us on 0800 052 0422 to request help with. If it's still something we can't offer then we can assure you it is something we will be able to do in the future and again we do apologise for the disappointment and frustration this may have caused you. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

@Emma_C: Just to note, your website (and the posts above) tell a different story: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/esim-profile-download