cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

Hi @daveb15

I'm sorry for the confusion. I have confirmed with my manager that we do not offer eSIM's anymore unfortunately, not even at point of sale.  

We do apologise for any confusion and inconvenience this issue has caused.

Kind regards.

@Jodi_S Please see Paul_DN's messages above. You do seem to be issuing esims via private messaging on this forum.

Could I suggest that the staff that visit the forum hold a meeting ASAP to get on the same page? The contradictory messages aren't helping.

Yes you do! Megan_L sent me one a few days ago 

This is some of the worst customer service I've seen. Several months and every time someone gets back to us, it's telling us something different.

The virgin media website says an eSim can be requested by calling or in My Account for pay monthly customers. I cannot see any options in My Account.

You say get an eSim by calling, then the call staff say no.

Then you say it's not available because of a network transfer and the same day someone gets an eSim.

Then you say they are available for select customers, but no instructions on how apart from calling and hoping they agree on the call.

Then you say they're not available, again, while someone says they've just received one.

It's been 4 months and we can't even get any straight answers

Yeechenting
Tuning in

I just placed an order for a monthly contract but i am out of the country. Can i have it in E sim?

There is no such option when checking out....

theSparrow
Just joined

Hi guys,

I've got the same situation here - bought a new iPhone where I need an eSIM - and I'm stuck without service.

Please help 🙏

bonitize
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, got a new iPhone and cannot use physical SIM anymore - eSIM is required. Please help.

harlowjones
Tuning in

Just tried to call the customer support line [789] and get an eSIM swap for my physical SIM on an existing account as i'll be travelling a lot and would like to be able to dual-SIM my phone. 
It's definitely possible to provide an eSIM however the only way they could process it was as part of an "upgrade" to my plan.  Unfortunately the only upgrade available at a similar price would be a severe reduction in the data bundle i currently have.  The other option was to double my spend per month.

Clearly the technology for eSIM works but for some reason Virgin have decided that it's a Sales tool and for those people who just want the convenience for their personal circumstances - they're not interested.

Try sending a message on here to Megan_L - they got my esim up and running with no changes to my plan as far as I’m aware

Apparently not allowed - tried that and got slapped by the Moderators. 😞

Determined to provide disappointing Customer Service regardless of how long you've been a loyal customer...