cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

an_old_customer
Joining in

Hi,

I've got exactly the same situation - got a new iPhone and cannot use SIM anymore - eSIM is required; basically I'm without a phone at the moment. Please help.

Mike

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @an_old_customer

Thanks for your post!

I'll drop you a private message now so we can look at getting this sorted for you, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• Hi,

i am buying the iPhone 14 but have seen it required an e SIM. How can virgin help and advise on how to get one asap?

thanks,

Hi Dedem,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we can happily help in regards to an E-sim however this would be an immediate change, you would need to reach out once you have the new phone, once you have this and reach back out it would be sent Via Email and would be active straight away.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the quick response. I am buying my phone today and wanted to make sure it would be compatible with my current virgin plan & esim. Could you already send the email over do that I can set it up as soon as I have my phone as I will need to hzve network straight away.

thanks

I have just spent 90 minutes talking 3 times to Virgin Customer Care and twice to Sales trying to get an esim. The Forum Team give one message that it is possible; one Customer Care person confirmed this but I may have trouble using it and all said it is only Sales that can provide it. However, Sales said that they nolonger do esims and cannot provide one. This is after telling them when starting service that I had to have an esim and being told to call back when my number had been ported over. 

Others beware, not only do their staff not know what they are talking about, the after-care service is poor to non-existant... and I include the Forum Team in that after reading this thread (unless someone can prove me wrong by organising an esim for me).

David

Perfect, there would be no issues if this has already been sent, if you have any further question or need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Paul,
I am confused how it is perfect. The issue is, I have a physical sim card, activated on 6/1 and the following day after my number was ported, I asked for an esim. I have been trying ever since, only to be told different stories by people in Sales and Customer Care. I am no nearer, in fact I have found it impossible to get an esim. If, as you say, there would be no issues, why have Sales flatly turned me down? I dont know where to go from here. Please help.

I can only say forum team seems clueless and ignorant. This whole discussion is a joke and kees going in circles. Looks like no one here have yet received an eSIM yet the forum team keep saying they can.

Sometimes they say you can only get esim if you are a new customer but even that did not work for me.

I spoke with sales team multiple times too and hadn't been successful, in the end I just ported my number elsewhere.

I’ve received an eSim after private messaging Paulina_z. I haven’t managed to activate it yet - that might be to do with being outside the UK and in an area with poor mobile reception though, I don’t know.