cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

Hi Philbru,

Thanks for reaching back out, I have fed this back, apologies for the confusion caused by mixed messages, we apreciate the value to being able to get an Esim especially if somewhere you aren't able to get a delivery such as outside the UK.

Regards

Paul.

So now that we know eSims are available, can someone from VM please tell me how to get one? As I described above the call centre also sticks to the “Virgin Media doesn’t currently offer eSims” line. Many thanks

Hi Claireofearth,

Thank you for reaching back out, these are only available Via sales, at the moment when ordering a new Phone/ Sim ard.

Regards

Paul.

Literally an hour ago I called to update my pay-monthly SIM contract and to get an eSIM for a smartwatch.

The guy updating my contract said eSIM would be fine and signed me up for a new deal then passed me on elsewhere to get my eSIM.

The dept I was passed on to said that you weren't doing eSIMs as you trialled them and they didn't work as planned.

I've wasted 2 hours of my life on this already and of a mind to leave Virgin Mobile, which of course makes jumping from Virgin Media to another broadband supplier more acceptable to me too.

Please advise.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Thracian, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of your experience when contacting the team, this is not the level of service we expect to deliver. 

I am afraid we do not offer eSIM's and we apologise if you were advised otherwise. 

Do you wish to continue with the tariff using a physical SIM or would this need to be cancelled? 

Please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

There seems to be confusion in your team about if you offer esims or not, but as jeffcole confirmed above, it is possible to get esims at the moment (which aligns with the info on your website). Would it be possible to distribute this info wider in your team? Thereafter, please detail here how one can go about obtaining an esim - many people that are struggling with this seem to find this forum thread.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us DanontheCoast,

We do apologise for the confusion around eSims currently. 

New customers can get an eSIM when signing up for compatible devices during their purchase online or by calling 0800 052 0422.
Existing Pay Monthly customers who already have an eSIM can get support from us on social and the community, there is a lot of helpful Q&A’s on our website (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/esim-profile-download).
Existing Pay Monthly customers who don’t have an eSIM can’t get on at present, this is because of the ongoing network migration from Vodafone to O2 and we will offer eSIMs to all customers again in the near future.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I'm considering my options.

I expect I'll be gone in a month or two, once I get a few minutes to research deals. It's also eroded loyalty to Virgin boradband.

You should probably be glad that I didn't get talked into a shiny new handset on the understanding that I could get an eSIM too. That would have been expensive for you.

It's pretty backwards and disappointing that you are unable to provide eSIMs.

Oh wait.

"New customers can get an eSIM when signing up for compatible devices during their purchase online or by calling 0800 052 0422."

You *ARE* able to provide eSIM, just for select customers.

Well guys, my continued custom was achieved by the promise of an eSIM - so I believe you should contact me about honouring that promise and sorting me one out.

I'd ask that you DM me and arrange a time to call. I have no interest in wasting another 2 hours on undertrained staff,

Hey Thracian, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry we couldn't get you an E-Sim yet.

This is something we have stopped doing for the time being, however this could change in the near future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?