cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

Hi @paulina_z,

I joined virgin mobile two days on a sim only plan and there were no options given to me to get an sim. I just called 0800 052 0422 twice and was told both times that "virgin mobile don't offer e-sims". Why can't I get an e-sim?!

Thanks

Claire

Hi @Claireofearth,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing some eSIM complications. To confirm, at sign up you didn't ask for an eSIM and were provided with a physical SIM instead? After sign up you're now asking for one, is that correct?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi - pretty much. I joined online a few days ago with a sim only deal and there was no eSim option during the signup process. I was sent a physical sim which I’m now using, but I’d much prefer an eSim. Thanks

Hi @Claireofearth,

Thank you for clarifying. For the moment, we are only able to provide an eSIM at the point of sale when speaking with a member of the team. For now we wouldn't be able to move you from a physical SIM to an eSIM. Sorry.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

I do not think the information from Zach_R is accurate or may be the sales team does not know what they are doing. I am just off the call with sales team enquiring for a new pay monthly deal

At the start I was told they do provide eSIM but would need confirmation from technical team. I provided all my details while waiting for the response. The sales team also pushed to get the credit check done which I refused till I get the answer. At the end was put on a 30 minutes hold to be told that Virgin mobile do not provide eSIM.

I did not go ahead with the order and saved an unnecessary credit check.

Thanks

Hi deshmukhav

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of that call experience, we're not able to offer E-Sims currently.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

well where can one even find a store that is open anymore. NW35JR is my postal code

Hi thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

We no longer have Virgin Media retail stores, sorry.  Can you please expand on what you require one for?  Is it for a purchase?  Or do you wish to receive face to face advice?  Or is it to return equipment?

Regards

Lee_R

I signed up 2 days ago on the phone for a Pay Monthly account (£8 for 15GB https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/affiliates-30-days/8-for-15gb)  and was able to order an eSIM which is now working on my iPhone 11 Pro. The agent didn’t think it was possible but I insisted and they checked and it was fine. 

So it appears it is possible to get an eSIM by calling on the phone rather than doing it on the website. 

Thanks for clarifying jeffcole!

@Virgin: Unfortunately, based on the comments made by Virgin staff above that suggested that it wasn't possible to get an esim, I signed up with another provider instead (and from other comments above it seems that other people have done the same). Please inform all of your staff of what jeffcole said above to try to reduce confusion levels all round and hopefully gain some more customers - esims are an essential feature for some!