cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello DanontheCoast, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I do hope you are enjoying your plan up to yet.

So if you want to order an eSIM, you would to ring our mobile team on 0345 600 0789 or ring 789 from your Virgin mobile phone.

They are open between 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matthew - having spent just over an hour speaking to three different people on that telephone number it has been confirmed Virgin Mobile does not offer eSIM functionality so I have cancelled the contract and will move to o2 who do. 

Someone should really update the Virgin Mobile website since the agents all confirmed this was out of date info. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect they have been temporarily suspended as they shift from Vodafone to O2.  They did that when they moved from EE to Vodafone.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DanontheCoast, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry our sales team were unable to help.

Our friends at O2 will have you covered 🙂

If you need anything please let us know and we will assist.

Thanks,

Zoie

Yes and I have experienced the same. Long wait times, completely untrained professionals, multiple transfers, and then at least once you get dropped. Go to the USA get a carrier there, you can do it directly on your phone, no one to call and waste your time. Its about 100 USD, and it has unlimited international so you wont pay any extra in the UK. Then get yourself a UK number and boom... technology and customer service at its best. They also speak english perfectly.

I don't see anything in this response that gives a better option or easier way to get it done.

We do certainly hope we can re-visit the option of E-Sim in the not too distant future @rodneychiasson.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Are eSims available from Virgin Mobile again?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Philbru,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and for your query!

New Virgin Mobile customers can get an eSIM when signing up for compatible devices during their purchase online or by calling us directly on 0800 052 0422.
Existing Pay Monthly customers who already have an eSIM can get support from us on here or on our Social Media channels. More help on this can be found on our eSIM help page.
Existing Pay Monthly customers who don’t have an eSIM can’t get one at the moment. This is because of the ongoing network migration from Vodafone to O2 and we will offer eSIMs to all customers again in the near future.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs