cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a formal complaint?

Pedrothebusdriv
Tuning in

I recently contacted Virgin Mobile to upgrade my phone. The whole experiece from start to finish has been absolutely dreadful. The upgrade call took over an hour to complete to understand the phone I wanted and the contract. I completed the contract agreement while we were still on the phone and was told that as long as that was completed by 6:45pm (this was around 2pm) I would reeive my handset and watch the following day. As the experience I had from this call was negative and I didn't have full confidence in the process I called again later in the evening to check it would be delievred the following day. This was confirmed by the agent I spoke to. 

The following day at around 4pm I had not received anything from Yodel so called Virgin again and I was told to call back in an hour. Called back and was told it wouldn't be delivered that day. I asked to speak to a manager and was told someone would call me back within an hour. No manager called me back. I called later in the evening to speak to a manager and was told no one was available again and I would be contacted the next morning. I still have not receieved a call back. 

I wasn't available on the day that Yodel were delivering the devices so I updated on their tracking site to leave with my neighbour. When we returned home, the devices we just left on the doorstep! 

I'm glad to say I've got my devices now and they are set up, however, I didn't receive a new SIM. I was told my new contract would be a 5G contract but I'd also like this confirmed. 

I would like the calls listened to and for someone to call me back to discuss please. 

9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

@Pedrothebusdriv I have to say that the chances of you getting anyone to call you back are vanishingly close to zero - it simply will not happen.As to whether or not calls are recorded, well who can say? If push comes to shove VM will deny it was recorded or claim that it has been ‘lost’ in a freak million to once chance event. Strange that, how unfortunate!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add. Don't expect much to come out of a formal complaint either.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks both.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage. 

Oh the naivety of youth😀

Hi @Pedrothebusdriv,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear of your experience recently when processing and ordering a Virgin Mobile phone upgrade, though I am glad to hear that you've now been able to receive the upgraded handset.

Regarding the delivery timeframe, though we always aim to get deliveries out as soon as possible and within timeframes discussed and agreed, sadly there are some circumstances beyond our control when there can be some delays, especially around the Christmas period. If you updated Yodel's tracking prior to the order being out for delivery and this wasn't followed then this is something I'd recommend raising with Yodel directly. You can find all of their contact information here.

In regards to the SIM card and 5G capability, if you've taken out a new tariff then this would change on your next available refresh date if it hasn't already. If that date passes and you remain on a non-5G tariff, let us know and we can go from there.

As for call recordings, you can request this as part of a DSAR (Data Subject Access Request) via this online form.

If there's anything more that you'd like to discuss and address, please do let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

Thank you for your response, however, it addresses none of my issues. This is something I would expect Virgin to take ownership of and not provide such a generic response. 

The service I received from the people I spoke to on the phone over those two days was appalling and I am still waiting for a call back from a manager for my issues. As someone who also commented on this post mentioned, I assume this is now unlikely to happen.

One of the only reasons I upgraded with Virgin was because I was promised that as long as I had the paperwork completed my end before 6:45pm my devices would be with me the following day. You are the company who chose to use Yodel for the delivery, not me. I should not be the one to take this up with them. With regards to the delivery timeframes, this is why I want someone from Virgin to listen to the calls I made to the call centre to understand my complaint. 

I would like this to be addressed correctly and not a generic response given. 

Thanks

Hi @Pedrothebusdriv,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a few details from you to assist you further.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Just an update on this for the cynics out there, I received a call from the complaints team and this has now been fully resolved. The guy at the complaints team was fantastic! I have to admit after the service I received I was also skeptical about how this would be handled but I am now happy with the outcome. 

Thanks for coming back to us and providing this feedback 🙂

We're here if you need anything going forward.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill