Menu
dglane
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I complain about Virgin Mobile?

This is a typical response from Virgin reps i.e. You complin that the number you call does not handle the complaints or quieries corectly and then they respond by advising you to call the number!

I have called the Phillipines 17 times today and have been hung up on, refused to let me make a complaint, one call handler cancelled my new SIM card that arrived today and hung up on me (I only found out he had cancelled the SIM when I eventually got through to a manager, the manager then tried fobbing me off and when I spoke to her about it she put the phone down and hung up - the next call handler told me she had written in the notes that there was a bad line, even though I was on the call for 37 minutes!).

I never get a problem with UK representatives, it's always the Phillipines. It's not racist or discriminatory (as the manager tried to say) it's just a fact. I had the same problem with them over two years ago and nothing has changed since then.

'Customer Service'? What a joke!

dglane
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Same problem again today 12/03/18. Have called the Phjillipines 15 times today. Was lied to earlier and told that my second new SIM hadn't been ordered on the 07/03/18 as promised. Went online to find out that it had actually been ordered on 09/03/18 but there was a new order for today 12/03/18. When I called 789 (Phillipines) to ask why I had been lied to and also whay there were two new SIM orders, I was told that the customer representative from earlier today had lied to me, cancelled my order, and then made a new order for today. SECOND time this has happened in the space of a week!!!

Also told that my two complaints made on the 09/03/18 had been closed by the advisors unofficially so I have raised yet another complaint about that. There are now x7 complaints being looked into from 09/03/18 and 12/03/18:

COM102294344 (SIM from 07/07/18 cancelled on 09/03/18). Complaint opened and closed by "Mary Jane" on 09/03/18 without my knowledge or any resolution.

COM102294888 (Manager "Zen" ID: C7759958, hung up on me and wrote in notes that it was a bad connection even though we were talking just fine for 37 minutes). Complaint opened and closed by "Maria" on 09/03/18 without my knowledge or any resolution.

COM102300528 (Regarding the unofficial closure of my two previous complaints).

COM102300831 (Handlers giving false information/ID's).

COM102300724 (Forgotten what this was about because the handler hung up on me).

COM102301392 ("Ivy" refusing to give me her ID even though I offered the chance to check with sombody else and that it is policy to give ID).

COM102301409 (Regarding second SIM from the 09/03/18 being cancelled and being lied to by the handler).

Can't wait to see how they resolve these!

dglane
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 53
Flag for a moderator

More complaints today 14/03/18, mainly about Phillipines (again!) and one regarding a Neil from Withenshaw who was just being pedantic and obstructing me from getting through to a manager to discuss all the complaints I had made (so I take back my earlier comment about never getting problems with U.K) - I found out that they had closed x6 of the x7 complaints stating that they had been resolved but nobody had called me or contacted me.

Manager called from Phillipines to resolve the x1 open complaint but refused to give me his ID.

Fin from Phillipines told me it is 'policy' that they can't raise more than one complaint per day. I asked her to point it out in the Complaints Procedure as I knew this to be incorrect, she then put me on hold refusing to talk to me.

It's an absolutely disgusting scustomer service.

Message 24 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi there dglane, i'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that has been provided by the team.

What update have you had from the team since your last post?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
dglane
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 53
Flag for a moderator

As you'd expect Nathan, no response other than an email telling me that someone would call me yesterday. Guess what, nobody called and my phone is on 24/7.

It's typical of your so called customer service. If I was you looking at what I've written here on this forum (even citing the complaints reference numbers for you) then I would be appalled. But the response from you is 'I'm sorry, has anyone contacted you yet?'. That's all this forum functions as, a place for annoyed and fed up customers to vent their frustration. You do absolutely nothing about it. I wouldn't be suprised if you were an A.I programme because that's the type of responses I see the Forum Team dole out.

Your wider 'Team' does not even follow the published 'Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice'. - it was updated March 2018. Perhaps you could take a look at it and make sure it gets distributed to anyone in Virgin that has to handle customer complaints, including the Managers. Good idea eh? Came up with that one all by myself.

Tabtowers
Tuning in
Message 26 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I am so fed up with virgin contact centres. Its unreal! They think they can take money out my account when they feel like it. Took £18 with out notice or permission. I rang took 3 attempts as kept getting passed about to different deparments. Was eventually told i would receive refund in 7 days after being on hold for ages with all the foreign advices speaking in their laungage laughing and joking! Guess what still not got my refund. Three attempts i have tried tonight -

1st attempt a rude lady called Annie pit the phone down on me when i told her she was wrong as she was trying to say my contract was more then it was.

2nd  attempt - got cut off.

3rd attempt- the lady said she needed a  financial code that none of the  other operators asked for.

Eventually i told her just cancel my sim deal i couldnt be bothered its to hard work. This took over a hour of my time and i still havent sorted the problem.

I want my refund virgin for the money you just think you can take out my bank for a sim card i cancelled before the 14 days and never even used the sim card as my daughters phone was locked to o2.

I will get my money back and am going to wash my hands with virgin. Combined with 2 sim only deals and virgin media i give them over £200 a month  and never missed one payment in over 10 years. Its a joke! When you get english call centres let me know and i may return. I am definatly cancelling all my services. I will pay another company my £2400 a year instead.

Message 27 of 53
Flag for a moderator

hi there dglane, thank you for your response. 

The question asked was what was the last update you had. This was asked so I could understand exactly what had been advised so we can fully assist you. 

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Tabtowers, thank you for posting on our forums.

Did your bill not show what this £18 charge was for?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
dglane
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Nathan, if you had bothered to read my reply you would know that I have had no response other than an email advising that someone would contact me. And thy didn't contact me. You are a joke. How much do you get paid for this nonsense? Can I have a job doing what you do? You know what, forget that, I'd rather not waste good people's time by further annoying them i.e. I'd like to be thought of as a human being who actually cares about other people.

0 Kudos
Alexanderpolden
Tuning in
Message 30 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone who has posted how terrible virgn mobile and media along wiht those who read this post.

Please remember it is your duty to warn your friends and collegues against both virgin moile and virgn media and hopefully oe day ther terribel customer service willbe as a result of the fact they no customers left.

Rember if you put somoeoe of joining virgn at say £50 a month X 12 months X say 10 years you will have cost virgn around £6,000

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/broadband_and_digital_tv/

Well worth doing.

Dont forgot to complain on other saites too

0 Kudos