Menu
Lewjall
Joining in
Message 41 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Miss sold sim now cannot go back!

Today I called the sales team to enquire about an upgrade to my 30 day rolling sim only contract.

I asked when upgrading is this the same as my current 30 day contract to a high I was told yes.

I have since found it is actually a 12 month contract!

I called to say please cancel the upgrade as I wish to stay on my current only to be told they couldn't as its in process and now I cannot go back to my original 30 day contract either!!!

Way to keep your customers happy!!!!! Now I've been told I need to wait 72 hours for the complaints team to contact me after I have been miss sold (I really do hope all calls are recorded!)

Surely this come under the 14 day cooling off period???

I want to stay on my contact and pay for my original contract but why is it so difficult? Should I take my custom and my families elsewhere!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 42 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: Miss sold sim now cannot go back!

Hi Lewjall,

I have responded to your other post here: Miss sold sim contract now cannot fo back!

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Alexanderpolden
Tuning in
Message 43 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: Miss sold sim now cannot go back!

Hi everyone Dont forget remind people you know and people at work

If say the average person would pay /pays £120 per month for TV and mobile then each year Virgin get £1,444.00 less say 10% variable costs = £1,296 profit on a additoonal customer

Say like you each customer says for 10 year s= £12,960

= if we can get 80 people to cancell not join we can cost virgin £1,036,800

Well worth the effort

https://www.uswitch.com/?ref=ppcgoogle~brand~000641~uswitch&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzIzWBRDnARIsAAkc8hGtO2uN1a...

Dont forgot to request all your information from them it costs you £10 it costs them hundreds

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4326035

If you think you have been overcharged then takern them to the small claiims court they will hate it

0 Kudos
Gunnie47
Joining in
Message 44 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I complain about Virgin Mobile?

Warning to anyone considering using Virgin Mobile, DONT

I have never felt the need to post anything online about an organisation, but the last few days of trying to deal with Virgin Mobile has been by far is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I just hope that someone from the UK does actually listen to the recording but I suspect that the UK instructs the call centre to behave as it does.

The Philippine call centres that Virgin Mobile(VM) the worse call centre I have called. I called them in total 25 times most of the time the representative just hung up when the calls wasn't going there way or appeared difficult to deal with.  Same story as other post!

I took out an online SIM only contract with them, it seemed a good deal. I contacted my current provider for the PAC code and as often happens they bettered the deal offered by Virgin Mobile(VM). So I decided to stay with BT.

I tried to call VM immediately to cancel the contract as no email addresses are given, I was cut off several times but was eventually told that I needed leave it 24h to cancel so the systems could sync as they had no record of the online order. I was keen to cancel within the 14 day cooling of period so called the following evening. 10 calls later I managed to cancel the contract, happy that I was with in the 14day period,  I was given a contract cancellation number which the representative needed a manager to authorise. I now know I was just put on hold for 5mins and given my online order number. Funny People.

I had to call VM a week later because I was emailed a bill for £18 and VM setup a Direct Debit on my bank account for the now cancelled contract.  After 2 hours on the phone being cut off 15 times I was able to make a complaint. To resolve the complain they offered not to take the first £18 payment. Correct me if I am wrong I cancelled within the 14days so had nothing to pay. I didnt even get the SIM card so not sure what on earth I was being charged for.

I declined the kind offer as I felt I need to complain,

I am waiting for a call back from a Manager Monday some time! I fully expect not to get that call. 

The fundamental policy of the the call centre is to not raise a complaint, they will just not do this. I have a complaint number but I suspect that its just a made up 10 digit number. There is no complaints process.

I called my Bank and cancelled the DD. Calling the Bank was completely painless and took seconds. See it can be done! 

Impossible just DONT do it, use another provider.

I want an email saying the contact is cancelled I still dont have this after 20+ calls and 2 hours on the phone. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 78
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that Gunnie47, what have the team advised?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Gunnie47
Joining in
Message 46 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Joe_F

Another 3 phone calls, I have discovered that you don't provide confirmation of cancellation by email. You are more than happy to start a contract by email.

A letter confirming that the contract has been terminated is apparently on its way to me. I have no confidence in the organisation to deliver. So I have raised a letter informing you that I have formally terminated in the 14day period and sent by recorded delivery. 

I continue to check my bank account to ensure you have not attempted to take more money.

Interestingly I was accused of being rude and racist when I informed the billing manager that her ability to speek English deterated when challenged on contact terminations when strangely it was perfectly fine until that point. This is how waiters are told to react in cheap restaurants.

I don't think any of your customers believe your claims about customer service.

Gunnie47

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 47 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gunnie47,

I am going to send you a private message, if you can please reply I can check on things for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gunnie47
Joining in
Message 48 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Joe_f

I feel you need listen to the recording you make of your call center conversations there you will have all my details, I am  happy for you to contact me on the number you have on your systems.

As expected virgin mobiles kind offer of a cancellation letter has not arrived. But this is exactly what people expect from you as your customer service is amongst the worse I have witnessed.

Looking forward to your phone call. Letter posted recorded delivery confirming cancellation of the contract.

Gunnie47

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 49 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Gunnie47

We're unable to arrange nor make calls from here. 

You can text our mobile team on 07533016422 and they’ll be able to assist you further. The Mobile Messaging Team will be available Monday - Friday 8am – 9pm, Saturday 8am-8pm and Sunday 8am-6pm. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
michelleb1977
Tuning in
Message 50 of 78
Flag for a moderator

I completely agree with this post, although I am all for foreign call centres it is infuriating when the person on the other end of the phone is 'blocking' your complaint, rather than handling it.  I have also had a huge problem, which remains unresolved since last June because of this very issue! I was harrassed by phone after calling to report a fault, which also remained unresolved - I had no data from the beginning of my contract and complained, but two months in i demanded a manager as nobody could help me (supposedly).  I still have no call services and Virgin never once called me to see what was wrong or if they could help.  I called Virgin here, who couldn't help with mobile issues, however they showed more care and seemed concerned.  There must be an easier way to sort these things out and having staff that block complaints can only lead to the loss of customers, surely?  

0 Kudos