Menu
mica434
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help with getting PAC number from the representative

Hello,

I've been on Chat with a member of the Virgin Mobile team inquiring about getting a PAC number via email or chat - not phone due to my hearing problems.

I was told that the only way to get a PAC number would be via phone. I was also advised to post this in this community as a representative would get in touch with me and help me to get the PAC number.

I sincerely hope that this is going to happen.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with getting PAC number from the representative

@mica434 wrote:

Hello,

I've been on Chat with a member of the Virgin Mobile team inquiring about getting a PAC number via email or chat - not phone due to my hearing problems.

I was told that the only way to get a PAC number would be via phone. I was also advised to post this in this community as a representative would get in touch with me and help me to get the PAC number.

I sincerely hope that this is going to happen.

Thank you.

Keeping your number when switching provider is called 'porting' your number.

You’ll need to contact your current provider and request a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). This is a numerical code that you must then give to your new provider.

A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text. Once you have a PAC, it is valid for 30 days. If it expires, you can request a new one. In some circumstances there may be a charge for porting.

Once you have given your new provider the PAC, they will notify your current provider of the port request, and your number should normally be ported and ready to use with your new services within one business day.

Don't forget that if you’re still in contract with your old provider, you may have to pay early termination charges.

Source: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...
under Switching and keeping your number.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mica434, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I do apologise we've been unable to provide you with your PAC via any other contact method and I can appreciate you're keen to get your hands on it. 

I can certainly take a look and see if it's something I can help with, this will depend on the status of your current contract or SIM deal. 

I'll pop you a personal message now asking for some further details and we'll take things from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
mica434
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I got help with this and it is sorted.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos