cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please! Can't sign into my mobile account?

beckylou
Tuning in

I've been trying for about 5 days to sign into my mobile account online and every time I try it comes up with the message "Oops somethings gone wrong" please try again in a few moments!  I'm trying to find out if I can use my included UK mobile data allowance abroad (Spain) after June 5th? Trying to get into my account as I can't remember how much my allowance is!  Plus I want to make sure I've got roaming on and International Call Barring turned off.  Can anyone help please?  Thanks.  Becky 

26 REPLIES 26

RobHallett
Joining in

I'm also having trouble setting up an account in order to view my bills. I keep getting emails to say that they're ready, but when i try to log in it doesn't recognise the password I gave when i bought the phone (in a store) and if I go to reset the password it says there's a problem with the email address.

I'm assuming that means I still need to set up an account. When I go to set up an account it asks for my phone number and then asks for my Mother's Maiden Name. I obviously know what my Mother's Maiden Name is, and I've tried it with a capital letter, without capitals, and even tried misspelling it in case the guy at the store set it up wrong (he didn't bother to actually check the spelling of anything with me when setting up the contract). Every time it just gives me the "Don't know your security answer?" message and after two tries it doesn't even show the question, just a blank space.

I've tried phoning the support number given to try and get some help, 789, but I just get a message saying they can't help between 10pm and 8am and I'll have to call back later (I called at 8:45pm, so something's clearly broken there too).

I can't believe how difficult this is, especially considering that to sign in to the App you just need to connect to 3G/4G. Even just being able to view the bills on the App would be fine, but that's not an option, so I have to go through this asinine system of endless account security nonsense.

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi RobHallett, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble registering an online account for your mobile

What we can do is reset your memorable word from our end and see if that works, in order to do this I will need some details from you and have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and reply when you can. 

With regards to the app, it should only ask you to switch to 3G/4G when first setting up the app. This is because it needs to read your sim card, but once it's set up you can be connected to WiFi. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R

Hey I've got the same problem, I'm trying to register so I can switch my number to virgin sim but every time I try it says "dont know call customer service" which I did and got hung up on 3 times also I did not set up mothers maiden name as security so that's another problem.

Help please!!!

same problem here, keeping getting emails from a no-reply address saying I can get a better deal with Virgin, the deal they offer isnt in the options offered over the automated telephone service and now I cant even login to my account............ 

Hi Demux_Dave, 

Really sorry to hear this and I can appreciate the frustration caused. 

We'd love to have a closer look at what you've been offered and help you access the online account. 

To do this I'll need to pop you a personal message and grab some details. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma_C , thanks I have resolved the issue, I was using Chrome browser which wouldnt let me log in switched to Edge and it let me straight in so for me the problem was the browser.
hope that helps others.

Ah, perfect. 

Thanks for letting us know and pop back if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team