Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help needed with a mess i'm in please.

Hello,i upgraded my mobile phone from £6.14 per month 4G, to 12 months unlimited everything 5G which began today.I decided to cancel after i found out that i couldn't get 5G when i thought i could and was still on 4G.I thought i would not have to pay any penalties if i left within the 14 day cooling off period,well i phoned up today and it seems i have to pay £134.60 cancellation fees.I got frustrated and tried to cancel online by pressing get PAC and get STAC buttons and have cancelled my DD which has made the mess worse.I just want this sorted out without having to pay any penalties or i will be leaving Virgin Broadband and Home Phone of which i pay £59PM and is out of contract.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed with a mess i'm in please.

This was in the contract agreement which is dated 11/2/21, yet i am being made to pay £134.
Your right to cancel

You can withdraw from this agreement, without giving any reason by notifying us within a 14 day period which starts the day after you have signed your agreement or, if later, the day you receive your device.

If you cancel within 14 days, your service will be cancelled and treated as if it had never existed. You'll also be refunded any charges paid up until that time. This is consistent with your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Any cancellation after this time will be subject to the termination procedures set out in your Terms and Conditions.
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed with a mess i'm in please.

Hi markmario, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been charged an early disconnection fee, it may be how you cancelled that this was charged or was cancelled outside of the 14 days. When was the service taken, when was the PAC code required and when was the number transferred? ^Chris

0 Kudos