cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged for a bill that's been confirmed as waived.

shoppinghome
Joining in

I am a past customer that keeps getting charged for a cancelled contract, despite having it in writing that the charges have been waived and contract cancelled. 

Why is this happening? Is the company hoping I wouldn't check my bank account and miss an entry? 

I have recently gotten in touch via online chat, but the button seems to have disappeared. If someone from the customer service team gets in touch with me it'd be great, as I don't feel like spending another hour on the phone.

Looking forward to hearing back from someone who can help me leave virgin and not be charged after we have agreed I wouldn't be charged!

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @shoppinghome 

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome. 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened with your old account, I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can investigate this for you. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you

Update to those who might come across this thread :
Virgin customer service were quite quick in helping me and, after I provided all required information, rectified the issue by issuing a refund. Kudos to them!
Now... the fact that I had a problem like this to me is a sign their internal processes are lacking, but at least Virgin would try to make things right, if one gets in touch.
It's disappointing that somehow those honest errors always seem to favor the company and not the customer.

It seems we're not quite out of the woods yet. After being promised to have the account closed and not be charged anymore I get charged again! This was supposed to be resolved...
Virgin, please let people go when they want to quit! I'm quite sure if I was to cancel the direct debit you'd send a debt collector after me, so please, fix this on your end!
Private message sent too.

Hi there, 

I am so sorry that this has happened and I will take a look with you now via the PM we have. 

Thank you again.