cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten Security Question

KK4
Joining in

Have recently changed from Pay-As-You-Go to monthly contract at Virgin's request and trying to get my phone to work by paying the £0.66 they say I owe but Virgin site refuses to accept the payment.  Am unable to use the on-line Chat as I don't remember the password(s) for security verification.  Has this happened to anyone and how did you resolve it?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello KK4,

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to your mobile services and the problems accessing your account, I understand the confusion this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

On mobile accounts, there should be a reminder set that we can only give to the account holder, when you have called and spoken to he team have they ever given you this or mentioned it at all? There is also the option to ask secondary questions, again, these can only be asked of the account holder.

I am also a little confused as to what has happened with the account, you mentioned it was changed from Pay As You Go to a Pay Monthly contract, what is the 66p in relation to? Has anyone explained what it is for at all? Please let me know.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello KK4,

Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to your mobile services and the problems accessing your account, I understand the confusion this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

On mobile accounts, there should be a reminder set that we can only give to the account holder, when you have called and spoken to he team have they ever given you this or mentioned it at all? There is also the option to ask secondary questions, again, these can only be asked of the account holder.

I am also a little confused as to what has happened with the account, you mentioned it was changed from Pay As You Go to a Pay Monthly contract, what is the 66p in relation to? Has anyone explained what it is for at all? Please let me know.

Rob

The on-line agent via Chat gave me the reminder for the password and it worked but on the following day the reminder was different and didn't actually remind me of any password that I might have set over 10 years ago!  Therefore the agent was unable to help.

When I changed from PAYG to a monthly account at Virgin's request, I had £5.34 credit on my phone, which I was told would be transferred to my new account.  However the monthly fee is £6.00 and they won't be taking the next payment until 1st December, meanwhile I am unable to send text, make calls or use data and my account is barred.  When going into the account there is an option to "take the bar off" by paying the £0.66 but when trying this a message pops up saying we are unable to take the payment.

Any help you can provide would be gratefully received as I am increasingly frustrated with this.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KK4,

This is just guesswork, but it's possible that VM's systems are set up so the minimum payment they can take is £1.00.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @KK4,

I am sorry for everything.

I will send you a private message so I can fix this for you, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for talking to me in a private message @KK4.

I am glad we have now sorted this out for you 🙂

If you ever need us again please make a new post and we will come along to help.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you again for all your help.  One thing - as I still havent remembered my security verification passwords is there a way I can change these anywhere online?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @KK4,

I have sent you a private message now 🙂

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @KK4,

I am glad we have got your password changed for you 🙂

I hope you have a nice Sunday.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team