cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to leave Virgin Mobile by Virgin Media

Nialli
Superfast

Forced to move from Virgin Mobile when I was transferred to a Volt package and I’m getting sub 1mbps download speeds on my iPhone at home. With Virgin I had speeds of 40mbps. Anyone else seen this?

Any chance I can have my Virgin Mobile Sim reactivated?

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nialli

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having an issue with the speeds. Can you clarify, are these on mobile data please or on WiFi speedtests via the phone? 

We didn't force you to leave Virgin Mobile in that sense, if you are wanting a Volt bundle, it comes with an O2 SIM. So you could have stayed with Virgin Mobile for example and had another SIM with O2 to have the deal. 

I have noticed there is an IT issue on your account which needs to be raised so I shall PM you now to assist further.

If you could answer the first question in the PM though that would be great 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for replying. Sorry, but I was forced. I rang to renew my contract and was told that I couldn't renew my Oomph deal but could have Volt instead. It would cost £15/m more and I would get an O2 SIM and had to leave Virgin Mobile. When I told the representative that I didn't want O2 as there were issues with O2 masts in area (London SE10) I was told O2 was my only option. Now, I have an O2 mobile SIM and 3G download speeds, whereas with Virgin Mobile I had excellent coverage and downloads in excess of 40mb. I live in Greenwich, London - hardly a remote part of the country. My O2 experience so far has been a nightmare. I can't even log onto the MyO2 app on my phone - "something went wrong" it tells me. Calling Virgin I get a dismissive "call O2", I call O2 and the call drops after a few minutes. It's NTHell all over again. 

I've also not seen anywhere near the promised 1Gb download speeds on my Superhub 4 - I'm seeing the same downloads I had on the Superhub 3.

I've been a NTL/Virgin Media customer since the 90s but my patience has been seriously tested in recent weeks. I am paying more for less. The TV service has lost channels (CNN, Disney, etc) and I have a diminished mobile service that isn't good enough to use as a personal hotspot if the broadband goes down again. I'm in the last few days of my 14-day cancellation option and I'm seriously tempted, but I won't be able to get another supplier to engage this side of Christmas so I'm stuffed. 18 more months of this and I will be an ex-customer. I'm told I'll have a break option when I'm forced (that word again) to adopt 360 boxes instead of the V6. The way I'm feeling right now, that's an option I'll be taking.

I assure you you've not been forced. It was the requirement if wanting to keep the current plan as you say, we don't offer it ongoing I'm afraid. CNN and Disney were out of our control but I get the frustration if they were channels you watched. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM Nialli

This was resolved via call made to the team. 

Best

John_GS
Forum Team