cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First year agreement question

HagbardCeline
Tuning in

I have received a letter telling me that my first year agreement is over, but I have been informed that I am on the Family Plan that I have no idea what it is and I never agreed to it

Also The letter tells me that I would have received notification by  the end of February as to my new charges which I never did and I am keen to change my plan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

m00g
Superfast

That mauy be a tough question about contract here, seems the support team know very little about contracts and/or plans.

The Family Plan is basically the first or primary mobile device, this then allows you to administer any additional phones you may add at a later date. You can get discounts when you are the family plan administrator but good luck with that.

As for changing plan, you can do this in your Virgin Mobile account and it should give you details of whether you are in a rolling thirty day contract (end of agreed term you automatically go in to this) or a Flexible (Freestyle?) account where you can change on a monthly basis to suit your needs.

Good luck, hope i helped a little.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

m00g
Superfast

That mauy be a tough question about contract here, seems the support team know very little about contracts and/or plans.

The Family Plan is basically the first or primary mobile device, this then allows you to administer any additional phones you may add at a later date. You can get discounts when you are the family plan administrator but good luck with that.

As for changing plan, you can do this in your Virgin Mobile account and it should give you details of whether you are in a rolling thirty day contract (end of agreed term you automatically go in to this) or a Flexible (Freestyle?) account where you can change on a monthly basis to suit your needs.

Good luck, hope i helped a little.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HagbardCeline,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you've reached the end of your current minimum term agreement and wish to discuss other offers and options, it'd be best to reach out to our retentions department by calling 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset). They'll then be able to assist you from there.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you very much m00g

Thank you . I will change it online

One other question if I downgrade my data, do I still get the last months carried over?

That is a question best answered by the forum team, i have never downgraded so i really cant say sorry

Hi @HagbardCeline,

I've just checked this for you, and yes, as long as there is an active plan you will pocket any unused data to use the next month. 

For more info on Data Rollover click here 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs