cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial account soft lock issue

Mikki_B
Joining in

Hi,

My sons phone won’t let me set up Apple Pay for him and I think this must be due to an account restriction but when I go to check parental controls it says there is a soft lock on the account. Please help as I how I can solve this problem and set his card up for him. There is no reason for any lock to be on my account and I don’t remember requesting one. It’s showing on all of my device accounts even my own main one. 

Thanks

Michelle

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Mikki_B 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your phone, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you via a Private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

I have that MSG and for me is it due to being stuck in a limbo after supposedly being migrated to O2 on 13/14th (my refresh date) which i have not going by my package.

I can still user Goggle Pay though.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm told accounts are soft locked prior to being moved onto O2.

Another case of Virgin doing things without informing customers of what it is an why 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

my phone and my wifes phone say the same = This action cannot be carried out as the Financial Account has a soft lock active

I wanted to look at the plans to see if we can get a better deal but cant do anything

just why is this happening - its my phone so I should be able to do what I want

I have been with virgin for 24 years and if this carries on ill have to look at changing suppliers

Hey @chrisichris, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the soft lock on the mobile account. 😞
Unfortunately a soft lock means that there is an issue with the migration and we will need 30 days to migrate you over to O2 before any changes can be made, this is the case with other customers, once the 30 days is up, we will be able to make amendments to your account.

Keep us updated.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Soft lock means the account will be moving to O2 within 30 days.

No changes can be made during that period, sadky

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks