cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty phone

MrsT4
Joining in

After numerous unsuccessful attempts at reaching a resolution via telephoning customer services, I have been advised on Twitter, by a virgin media representative, to post my complaint here...

My mobile phone is continually rebooting. I sent this to Virgin for repair and it has been returned to me in exactly the same state despite claiming they'd fixed it. I have asked Virgin to supply me with a new phone and that I will then return the faulty one to them, as I am entitled to under my warranty and terms and conditions, and they have refused.

The only resolution they could offer was that I pay the remaining £182.00 for my device to free me from my contract or to pay 25% of this and take out a new 3 year contract!

Why are Virgin not honouring their warranty and terms and conditions?Warranty.jpg0 (2).jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MrsT4, thanks for getting in touch.

Very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your mobile. The handset rebooting could be caused by a software issue, possibly one that is specific to the profile you are using on the device. Just to confirm - did you restore the device back to a previous state after receiving it back from repair? If so, are you able to try factory-resetting the device and see if the same problem occurs if you don't restore your profile back on to the device?

That may help us narrow down what's causing this, if not please let us know so we can take a closer look into it for you.

Tom 

Good morning Tom

Thank you for your reply.

The phone has had numerous factory resets, including by me when it was returned to me.

My profile hasn't changed in 2 years, the phone has been faulting for 3 months. The device is faulty.

Virgin have attempted a fix and this has failed. The phone obviously wasn't even checked before being returned to me as it faulted again almost immediately.

Under the terms and conditions of our contract and under the warranty, I am entitled to a new device. 

Legally, I must provide you with one opportunity to repair my device and Virgin have failed to do this.

I am simply asking for a new device, which I am entitled to, to see out my existing contract with you. 

I am going round in circles with Virgin. 

Please can you provide a speedy resolution to my complaint.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming it has been reset, what I meant is have you tested the handset after a factory reset and before restoring your account/apps etc. just to ensure that the problem is not caused by a setting/app/virus?

If you're sure that's not the problem then we can certainly look further into it and will do all we can to help - it's just I have encountered the above on more than one occasion, where the repair team reset the device, test it & find it to be working fine - but when it's returned to the customer and they put their profile/apps etc back on the device the fault reoccurs so thought it would be best to check that's something you've considered/tested.

Please get back to me via PM so we can confirm the details and we'll take it from there.

Tom