Menu
Tomgib10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ending contract early

Your engineers have cut off my broadband 5  times now using an RPB. The last 4 times when they come to repair it they basically just played with the cables in the my property and said all was fixed now. The latest One they turned up the same as before without my knowledge and did it again. Two days later after yet another visit they now tell me the fault is between the cabinet and my house. They removed the RPB and arranged for another engineer to come and “pull through” another cable. I agreed with them a date and time. They also informed me I HAD to be present for access etc. I also received three texts confirming appointment and also stating my presence was required. The arrives I wait from 8am to 1pm and no one shows. After three phone calls Engineers show up 2&1/2 late. I was heading out the door to work and told them now was not convenient. After another call to you I am told I have to book another call out. I informed them my broadband is fine so why should I waste another lost day for something that to me works fine. I would like to leave your company because I am self employed and keep having to loose money by taking time off in order for you to fix a problem that is not my fault. Please can you explain why not?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ending contract early

Hi Tomgib10, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies for the issues you've had. 

It sounds like the team have done a temporary fix until the repull can be done. In which case, even though the internet may be working, you may be at risk of further issues. 

When in contract, you can leave at any time but it would be subject to early termination fees. 

As much as we would love to offer a 100% fault free service, it's simply not possible. In order for us to provide you with services, you also have to allow us to fix the issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tomgib10
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am more than happy to let you fix the problem if you stick to your side of the agreement and actually turn up in time arranged. Also have been told two different things as to whether my presence is necessary while the work is carried out. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomgib10. 

Really sorry to hear this. 

Have we re-scheduled this appointment for you now?

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
Tomgib10
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A network engineer turned up out of the blue about to place an RPB on my line again. Fortunately I was home this time. He has arranged for a pull through to be done in a few weeks and kept my line open for the time being. So I will yet again take an unpaid afternoon off work for your people to rectify a problem that should of been done over a year ago.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My apologies again for this.

Please do let me know how the engineer visit goes and if you need anything further. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos