cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only on phone network

Jean89
Tuning in

I have a sim only contract and since yesterday I've been on emergency calls only. Tried the sim card in several phones and it's saying no service even when trying to look for network manually Virgin media is not available. Service checker on account says excellent, account paid off no issues. Other network Sims on phone work. 

Have tried ; refreshing phone . Shutting down and restarting. Manual network input. Airplane mode on and off after a few minutes. Cleaning SIM card and putting it back in place. 

5 REPLIES 5

Charles451
Just joined

@Prepaid Gift Balance  wrote:

I have a sim only contract and since yesterday I've been on emergency calls only. Tried the sim card in several phones and it's saying no service even when trying to look for network manually Virgin media is not available. Service checker on account says excellent, account paid off no issues. Other network Sims on phone work. 

Have tried ; refreshing phone . Shutting down and restarting. Manual network input. Airplane mode on and off after a few minutes. Cleaning SIM card and putting it back in place. 

If your SIM Card is not inserted or is not seated properly, it may cause your phone to only allow calls to 911. Ensure your SIM Card is securely inserted into the slot. It may not hurt to remove it and re-seat it. ... You may also want to try a different SIM card in the case that it is defective.

I have tried taking the SIM card out a few times just forgot to mention it. O did not work on another phone either so it could be the SIM is defective. But not sure how to go on and change it 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jean89

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your SIM, I can appreciate this is not ideal at all. 

Are you able to text on your phone at all or does this come back as well as undelivered? 

Have you made any changes to your contract at all? 

If not we are more than happy to take a further look into this. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Not changed anything at all and no nothing if I try to call comes up as no service and a text won't even load to send 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay that's fine, 

thanks for that, 

I will pop you over a PM so we can have a look at this further for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide