Menu
Pete555
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Email address

Does anyone have an email address for complaints. Please. Phones been cut off again billing issue and I'd get more sense speaking to a couple of chimps in the zoo than those rude and incompetent people on the phone from the Philippines
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email address

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way Pete

What issues are you experiencing with your phone?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
BruceStevens
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

To add to my previous, I spoke at length to a lady in someplace or other, who said this was a known issue and that the extra 4 x £3 would not be taken in the direct debit. Knowing the wxperience of others I insisted on a Reference number in case I had to go back again, if the wrong amount is taken. But frankly I've had enough, and will change provider - Virgin are evidently simply not competant technically.
0 Kudos
horses72
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Same here
virgin not at all interested always have an answer
Ending all my virgin media and mobile when contracts up
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi BruceStevens and @horses72,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your mobile service. If you let me know specifically what issues you are having and what's been done so far, I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
horses72
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ending

I and my son ( who is account holder) have explained everything that has happened several times even a phone called which wasnt returned and still nowhere near being sorted Emma c and Martin now you and the phone call and about 20 messages
Data charged for when turned off from 30th dec 17 to when I got new data 14th Jan 18 it has not happed since
its a joke to you
it cost me 42 pounds which I can ill afford as im a pensioner
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi horses72,

I'm sorry that you have been charged for exceeding your data allowance. I assure you, this is no joke to me or to Virgin Mobile. If you have gone through the following checks and made the required changes on your settings, there shouldn't be any further mobile data charges:

Please check that all background data is switched off on the handset.

Also make sure that your handset settings--all apps and OS--are set to update/connect only via WiFi.

If the handset is an iPhone make sure that WiFi Assist and iCloud have the background data turned off.

When connecting via WiFi, make sure that the mobile data is turned off.

Once this has been done, there should be no data usage or charges for exceeding the data allowance.

If you continue to see data usage after all these checks on the handset or incorrect charges applied when there is available data please let us know so that we can investigate this for you.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
horses72
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

please read post properly it happened when I turned off data 30 th dec 17 untill 14th Jan 18 even when I was on homes wifi thats what I was charged for when data turned off it hasnt happened since then I have explained this so has my son doesn't anyone at virgin understandd
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi horses72,

I understand that you have explained that you have switched the mobile data off, but this doesn't always guarantee that your handset will not use your mobile data. The only way to do so is to follow the checks I have noted in my last post.

You haven't confirmed if you have also changed all the app and OS settings on your handset--or if you have an iPhone if you have made sure that WiFi assist and iCloud background data is off.

What is the make/model of your handset? Have you or your son changed these settings since receiving the data usage charges?

0 Kudos
horses72
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have Sony experia m5 I dont understand about apps/os settings where are they
Iv never ever had all this trouble all the years I had virgin mobile
0 Kudos