Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email about SIM card

berryc
Joining in

Hi, 

I've received an email stating the below:

We recently tried to update your network services so you can use your mobile while travelling outside of the UK, but unfortunately it didn’t work. This might be because your phone was switched off when we sent the update to your SIM.

We’ve tried sending you a text so you can order a new SIM, but we haven’t had a reply. So you know, if you plan to travel abroad without an updated SIM, your roaming services will no longer work from 1st October 2021.

FYI, I never received any text messages about this particular matter, just the above mentioned email.  I'm currently outside of the UK and unable to get back before 1 October 2021.

As I only had a new SIM in July 2020, do I definitely need another new one for roaming services to work from October? Emma_C helped me last year in relation to that replacement SIM.  Please can someone contact me about this.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi berryc,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Communtiy Forums

I'm sorry to hear that you never received a text or SIM update from us so that you can continue to use roaming services outside of the UK. This may be a bit of a tricky one,

As the update couldn't be performed, we will now need to send out a new SIM to you, regardless of the fact that you had a new SIM last year, as this was due to a network migration. This new SIM would have the updated network settings on it which solely affects roaming services.

We aren't able to send SIMs outside of the UK, and they also need to be activated within the UK so that they can be used abroad. What we'd need to do in these cases is send out the new SIM to an address in the UK, it would then need to be activated here and then mailed out to you by a trusted friend or family member.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and help arrange a new SIM for you. 

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi berryc,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Communtiy Forums

I'm sorry to hear that you never received a text or SIM update from us so that you can continue to use roaming services outside of the UK. This may be a bit of a tricky one,

As the update couldn't be performed, we will now need to send out a new SIM to you, regardless of the fact that you had a new SIM last year, as this was due to a network migration. This new SIM would have the updated network settings on it which solely affects roaming services.

We aren't able to send SIMs outside of the UK, and they also need to be activated within the UK so that they can be used abroad. What we'd need to do in these cases is send out the new SIM to an address in the UK, it would then need to be activated here and then mailed out to you by a trusted friend or family member.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and help arrange a new SIM for you. 

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

I replied to the DM on Friday but haven't heard back.