Menu
BrashJerk
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

EU Data Fair Use

My plan is 20gb data a month with a double data lifetime offer making it 40gb plus rollover data from the previous month. I'm going to Bulgaria soon for a fortnight and was trying to find out what data I can use when there. I can't really find a clear enough answer. Can I use up all data remaining in my plan when I'm there without any additional cost? I saw the calculator showing some formula but it isn't clear enough how much I can actually use based on my plan with the double data deal I got. 

Does anyone know the amount of data in GB I can use based on the plan described above?

Thanks

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: EU Data Fair Use

The good old fup calculator. It depends on how much you pay per month. For example I put in £15 for the cost and tried 20gb and 40gb. The answer came back at 4.93gb.

For my plan it says 3.75 gb which is much closer to my actual plan data, so as mine is £11 something the amount you pay is more important than the gb. 

0 Kudos
BrashJerk
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm paying £18 a month. My exact plan is 

4G 5000mins + 20GB - £25.00

£7 Lifetime Discount - £0.00

Lifetime Double Data - £0.00

Your monthly cost - £18.00

I wish there was some place on my account that stated exactly what I can use. It seems each different provider have different ways of calculating what is fair use. I rang Virgin to ask before posting my question here and was told I could use all the data. That differs to what I have read and I don't have any faith that Virgin Mobile customer service agents know what they are talking about. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In the FUP data calculater, I'm sure you use the full price of your plan, not your discounted price.

ie: £25 for your Tarrif, not the discounted £18 you pay.

Maybe one of the Forum Team can confirm.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
paulchambers061
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Works out at 8.22gb maximum for £25 plan. if £18 = 5.92gb maximum. 

BrashJerk
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much to you both. I'll set a limit of 5gb then when away to be on the safe side.
0 Kudos
Nickb99
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My plan is 20gb data a month with a double data lifetime offer, plus 50% lifetime discount so I pay £10/month.  My overseas use is just 3.29gb month! One of the reasons I am switching out. Plusnet tell me I can use my full allowance in the EU - and it will be great to get 4G there. 

0 Kudos