cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to leave

sneekypetey
Joining in

1.  I have two Virgin mobile sims on two different phones.  I keep getting pestered by people who I can't understand a word of what they say.  They ring me again and again - even when I say the account holder is has died!!!  

2.  I was looking to increase my mobile data allowance.  You used to be able to do this online. But now it seems I need to ring a number, which goes through to yet another person whose English is incomprehensible.

Do I have to leave Virgin to get a better mobile network provider?  

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@sneekypetey Do I have to leave Virgin to get a better mobile network provider?  

Probably, but at least you can get your PAC code by text, so no need to speak to anyone.  Do your research on any potential mobile provider to see how well they do on complaints, and whether their call centres are outsourced to the back side of the world, what coverage you'll get, and how much it will cost you.

And don't forget that although the worst performing mobile networks had 3-4 customers per 100,000 complaint to the regulator, that means that 99.996% of customers didn't complain to the regulator.  Some of those 99.996% will have complained only to the company, or taken their business elsewhere without complaining, but the point is to maintain perspective on the data.  

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sneekypetey, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

For package upgrades you will need to call us, the best number is 150 or +44 753 301 6422. On this call, you can also ask the agent to opt you out of marketing calls and this will take care of both aspects on the same phone call which should help.

Please however, don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help on this.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Ok. 

1.  So if the "best number is..."  why does your website give a different number that puts you through to the incomprehensible offshore call handling?

2. Why do need to register to opt out of marketing?  Surely you should be able to tell the person who is pestering you with repeated calls NOT to call again.  But they keep ringing back, several times a day, often with only a few minutes gap.  I keep blocking the number, but then they use a different number.       

Outsourcing to offshore call handling might look good on the balance sheet, but how many customers do you lose by adopting these aggressive and apparently unregulated marketing callers?

Well at least one customer.   I have looked around now and there are much better deals available, so I will be leaving Virgin after many years with you.      

/  .  If you tell   

Hi sneekypetey,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been receiving unwanted calls, by registering this will stop all marketing calls for both cable and Mobile, once added all with stop within 6 Weeks of adding.

Regards

Paul.

Six weeks before marketing calls can stop?  Why does it take so long?

Anything that is already in the system may still come through however nothing new will be sent.

Regards

Paul.