cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Upgrade Offer

JayBee71
On our wavelength

Received email with offer of Samsung S22 ultra @£34 or £36 with 20gb data.

Called on 20.12.2022 and spent some time with the advisor, everything sorted, emailed documents to me which I still have. The advisor said “I need to check something will you hold”.

25 minutes later call was dropped. Another advisor called me 21.12 and said I will call you later to complete your upgrade I’ve seen on the system. Didn’t call back of course.

I used Live Chat 22.12 when the advisor asked if I had any proof as he was unaware of the offer. I sent screen shots of the documents, dated 20.12.

The advisor ultimately informed me there was nothing that could be done and now the offer has expired.

I pursued this offer in good faith and feel badly let down.

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JayBee71

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened! Can I ask if you have if the email you received from us was a contract and did it state the deal had been agreed at all?

Thanks again

He’ll Ash,

The documents are headed Order Summary.

Thank you @JayBee71

Unfortunately we are not able to assist with a package change via the forums, but you can call us on 0345 600 0789 and a member of the mobile sales team will be able to take another look for you. 

I am so sorry again that we cannot help further with this. 

Brief update…

Called Sales, first they denied there was such an offer until I emailed the Virgin email offer then told me the offer had ended (really), eventually offering something completely different.

Eventually agreed I had a genuine issue and raised a complaint assuring me I would receive a call to discuss in 48-72 hours which of course didn’t happen.

Called four times today, Jan 4 and went through all the details each time including the complaint reference number. Each time after calls ranging from 8 to 15 minutes and being assured that the call wouldn’t be dropped and if so I would be called back…the calls were dropped and I wasn’t called back.

Fifth call was to discuss PAC number (advised a Manager would call to discuss complaint but not holding breath).

Just had a call asking if I was looking to upgrade…gwooaan

Hi @JayBee71 thanks for your reply here.

I'm really sorry about this, I can appreciate this is frustrating.

Unfortunately, we are limited with how we can help here due to not being able to assist with mobile package changes over the Community unfortunately.

If you can try to contact us again using the number provided, we'll do our best here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

JayBee71
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply Tom; are you referring to the 0345 number, the one I’ve been disconnected by four times today?

I do realise of course that the Forum (which has been most helpful in the past) can not resolve the upgrade issue, and my actual posting of the details of the issue on here was borne out of frustration as the Sales Team seem to be doing their utmost to avoid taking any responsibility in assisting.

Best Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JayBee71

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience again

Please do keep us updated with how the call goes 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JayBee71
On our wavelength

Complaint update.

Credit where it’s due…

Spoke with advisor who couldn’t have been more apologetic and helpful.

Situation now resolved and happy with outcome.

Best regards all,

J.

Hi there @JayBee71, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to see the team have now resolved your complaint with an outcome you are satisfied with.

Please let us know if you need any further help, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules