cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on my file!

Nin2
Joining in

Has anybody else had their credit report updated completely incorrectly by Virgin?

Nobody wants to help and their WhatsApp chat is an absolute joke.

The irony of the whole scenario is that a Virgin store manager made a refund to me and Virgin have placed a default on my credit report for their so called gesture of goodwill. 

I am in the process of applying for a mortgage and need this false information removed.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nin2 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with your credit score. Can you confirm if this is for a media account with us, or a mobile?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It’s a mobile issue

Mobile 

Thank you for confirming this @Nin2 

Can you elaborate on what you believe is incorrect on your credit? Did you have a debt on the account that has now been fully removed with refund you received? Or was this partially refunded?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Of course - I have an issue going back to 2017 that nobody seems to want to help me with. I went into a Virgin store and was advised by a store manager there to speak to my bank to arrange a refund for a contract that should have been cancelled by Virgin, but never was.

The bank refunded me £110.08 and I have just seen a default has been placed on my credit file for payments not being made in 2018.

I am totally perplexed. I have tried speaking to a member of your customer service team that has said you don’t have records going back to 2015 when the sim was taken out.

The refund of payments was from Dec 16 to August 17. I attempted to cancel the contract at the beginning of December but payments continued to be taken via dd from my bank. The store manager advised me the error was on the part of Virgin for not cancelling as I requested and the quickest way to obtain a refund was through the bank. The refund was for the funds that were taken from my account after I had requested the account be closed.

I am being penalised for following the instructions of your colleague and today I have been told (by another colleague) Virgin have no way to verify the conversation that was had in 2017. So because of a lack of record keeping on the part of  Virgin I am being black listed. 

This entire debacle has only been brought to my attention after many years because I am in the process of applying for a mortgage. I cannot have false information held about me on my credit file.

I have never received any form of correspondence from Virgin claiming there was an outstanding amount owing (because there wasn’t!), never received a call or a text or an email from yourselves. Nor have I ever received a writer from a debt recovery agency in relation to this matter. I have lived at the same property for the last 11 years.

I am beyond stressed out, being physically sick and not in a good place at the moment because of the stress Virgin is putting me through.

please please please can you help me in getting this matter resolved.

Thank you for detailing this information @Nin2. I can certainly look to see what information we still hold at our side. 

To be able to discuss the account with you, we would need to pass account security, I appreciate that this has been some time since the account was closed, but we'll do all we can to support you in anyway we can. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Nin2
Joining in

The level of ‘customer’ service offered by Virgin is the worst I have ever received. They refuse to answer questions, share information that has been requested and pay no attention to being told they are dealing with an individual who is deemed as vulnerable. Instead they point fingers, make accusations and when asked for proof tell me records do not go back 2015, yet you’re using that information to ruin my life.

Well done Virgin, you ought to be so very proud of yourselves