cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit file

dannyo87
Tuning in

Hi all.

Just been to re mortgage and have default on credit file recorded August 2018 for £24 from previous property i left in 2016 which is stopping application.

Phoned virgin media and mobile and  have no records for it.have emailed creditamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with default details waiting for response which can take weeks.

Need it dealt with ASAP and dont no what else to do any help would be greatly recieved.

15 REPLIES 15

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @dannyo87 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums.

We are so sorry that you have faced this issue and thank you for emailing the appropriate team. This would require them to look into.

Can I ask when you emailed the team? 

Hi ashleigh.

Thanks for reply.

Emailed this morning been on phone numerous times but carnt get to the bottom of it keep saying no record department who deal with it wont take my call checked emails from around time of suspected default and nothing.

Always paid direct debits on time been with virgin for 10 plus years and always kept same mobile number so just carnt understand where this 24 pound default is from.

I understand there's procedures but need it dealt with and don't know what else I can do.

Thank you for confirming this @dannyo87 

The credit file amendment team will investigate this for you and unfortunately it can take up to 28 days for your 

Have you also emailed your dispute to either Equifax or Experian? This may quicken the investigation for our team to give you their response or action any amendments sooner. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi carly.

Thanks for reply will email them next but virgin are the ones who have put the default there i just want to know what its for and waiting upto a month for a reply isn't on if I know what its for can settle it now but I believe it has been wrongfully done and unfortunately times not on my side at the minute thanks for your help just need it sorted.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Okay, we can try see if we can support to look into this further, but will need to be able to locate and pass account security on the account to be able to discuss with you and explain any details or information. I appreciate that it's been some time, but we'll do all we can. 

Do you know if this is for a mobile or media account at all?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi carly.

Its mobile can attach default if needed have copied off credit report earlier.

Thank you for confirming this for me @dannyo87 

We can see if we can locate the account and pass account security to discuss further. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @dannyo87 

Glad the credit file team was able to get this fully resolved for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Just gets even worse with virgin.

So after wrongfully putting default on credit file for four and a half years and having to spend two days to get it removed wasting countless hours on phone emails forums.

Have gone through complaints procedure and logged complaint.

Had email off resolutions team then day after a text message asking me to ring a call centre in the Philippines to talk about it then put me on hold for 20 minutes to say they have no idea about logged complaint and ask me to log it again.

Come on virgin there must be some one I can talk to who one knows whats happened and two can understand what I'm saying without me having to spell everything out with a word for every letter.