cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit file

bene_kiss
Joining in

I join to others have got a default on they account by virgin media mistake.

I downloaded clear score to see my credit score. I had credit karma but thats didn't show all my opened account. so I went on clear score to see my credit file and I found default virgin media account from June 2018. I moved to new address in May 2018 and I was took virgin media with me. I was thought just simple account transfer. I got same email address same mobile number and also they got my new address for my account. there wasn't any communication at all from virgin media I got any outstanding balance. spoke with a few virgin employee 2 weeks ago and they were saying they actioned everything and they will close down the account and send out a cheque. as they been destroyed my credit score nearly 3 years. called up today. spoke with a same department and a guy just said I have to send email in credit amendments team. so it's nothing been actioned in a last 2 weeks. and now I have sent email its says I could get a reply within 3 weeks. so that's already 5 weeks. please have a clear guide for your team how to deal with this issue because clearly can see I wasn't a first one and I think I wont be the last also with a same issue. this is really bring down my score and I didn't even know why my credit not improving. please someone can get in touch and speed up this process so I dont have to wait another 3 weeks on a top of the 2 weeks I already did

thank you Bene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bene,

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding a default on your credit file. I am so sorry to hear that this has been bringing down your credit score, I understand how frustrating this must be.

Here is a clear outline of what you should do and a timescale of how long things may take:

Please send a copy of your credit file to us and we can look at the entry for you. Please note the overall turnaround for a credit file resolution can take up to 28 days from the day we receive a copy of your file.  You can send this via email or post to the following: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk  Or Consumer Underwriting Services, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3RZ

The Credit File Amendments team are the only team in Virgin Media who can adjust marks on the credit report. They will review the email and act accordingly. If they are to correct this, they would send the amendment over to the credit agencies and it can take 6-8 weeks for you to see any amendments on the credit file.

Hope this helps,

Serena

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bene,

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding a default on your credit file. I am so sorry to hear that this has been bringing down your credit score, I understand how frustrating this must be.

Here is a clear outline of what you should do and a timescale of how long things may take:

Please send a copy of your credit file to us and we can look at the entry for you. Please note the overall turnaround for a credit file resolution can take up to 28 days from the day we receive a copy of your file.  You can send this via email or post to the following: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk  Or Consumer Underwriting Services, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3RZ

The Credit File Amendments team are the only team in Virgin Media who can adjust marks on the credit report. They will review the email and act accordingly. If they are to correct this, they would send the amendment over to the credit agencies and it can take 6-8 weeks for you to see any amendments on the credit file.

Hope this helps,

Serena

Hi Serena,

so I have spoke with a person form customer retention. they were promised that will be rectified that was back in 15.04.2021

still haven't been rectified and now it's a 10.05. should I take to the press as others have did? I'm sure this is can be sorted in timely manner. yous expecting people to wait around when clearly virgin media making same mistake over and over. People usually dont change they mobile number and email address when they move to new address. so there is no reason why that couldn't be pointed out to me. one of the fastest Internet provider in UK. and can't get they act together with technical issues like this. it's a big dissapotment. I have sent email for relevant team still haven't recevied any response. also there is a phone recording about a promised cheque. so hope it will be a correct amount and I dont have to take virgin media for small claim court for a damage they caused. 

thanks Bene

Hi Bene, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry this is not being done quickly enough from your point of view.  My colleague Serena has given you correct advice.  If the relevant credit file agencies have been updated then it is now down to when their records are updated.  I am sorry, there is no way we'd be able to speed that up.  Have you sent an email to the email address Serena recommended?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

my point of view, you must be joking.

obviously I have followed those instructions just to be sure my credit file will be free from VIRGIN MEDIA MISTAKE. and also for compensation. I have got in touch with citizen advice yesterday and they suggesting to contact with a tech lawyer. have sent them email yesterday with all the information screenshots first phone call date and time I have raised this issue with yourslefs.

just wondering when virgin media will learn and stop putting customers loyal customers in this situation. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We'll ensure your feedback is passed on, sorry we can't do more than that. If any errors still haven't been corrected after 8 weeks the team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk would be best placed to help further.

Tom