cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Charges - close to the UK

wilber_force
Superfast

I'm going over to the Isle of Man tomorrow and recall the last time I was there, 2019, I was charged for all calls and texts as though I was in the USA.

Can I ask why the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not included when the likes of Guadeloupe, Saint Barthelemy, Reunion Islands which are 1,000's of miles away are covered by the roaming agreements?

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Historic. Because they were never included in the original  EU roaming agreements whereas the others as overseas territories of EU countries where.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How many folk from GB go on holiday/business to these 'rocks' who are using VM as their mobile provider?

Isn't about time VM joined Three, Vodafone and EE in letting their users have the same on the 'rocks'.  It would lessen my desire to leave VM as my mobile provider.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well nothing is going to change in the short term. We don’t even know if Virgin Mobile will exist as a separate entity now they are slowly merging things in the background 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh well. Thanks fo the info.

I wasn't aware of any mergers.

Time to jump ship to Vodafone, Three or maybe someone less well known, and cheaper.

Cheers

Hi @wilber_force,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

You can find more information regarding our roaming services and charges subject to where you're going here. For the Isle of Man specifically, you can find charges for usage there here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!