Menu
Dwaldock
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Credit level

I tried to order a phone the other day which was rejected although my credit score is extremly high in fact only 16 off of to highest possible score and when a credit check was done they said it was fine but i only have a credit level of 2 which is stopping me having the phone and this is not fair i currently pay 56 pounds for my current contract and the one i wanted is 35 pounds a month i have know changed my mind about the phone i want but still this is only 38 pounds a month and am running into the same problem how can this be fixed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit level

Hi there, thank you for your post

Unfortunately when a credit check fails we don't get supplied with the reason why as this would be us obtaining your personal details.

We run our credit checks through Equifax so it would be best to contact them directly so they can give you more information.

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Dwaldock
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My credit check didnt fail
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ahh sorry, I was referring to it not allowing you to get the handset you wanted.

Have you paid your last 6 bills via direct debit?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Dwaldock
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes but im not with virgin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah I see, if you were the team could refer this for you to see if the rating can be upped but for this to be done they need to see a clear payment history.

Nathan B

0 Kudos