cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file error

Petesgirl
Joining in

Can an administrator help please. Virgin are still reporting on  my credit file even though the account was closed months ago.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Petesgirl

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the dispute with your credit file. Can I ask, does it show an overdue balance or anything? If not and it's just an account, it will be there as it shows you accounts you've had recently. Perfectly normal 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Petesgirl

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the dispute with your credit file. Can I ask, does it show an overdue balance or anything? If not and it's just an account, it will be there as it shows you accounts you've had recently. Perfectly normal 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi thanks for the answer but this isn't correct. Yes it will be listed but not as an open account. It should be marked as closed. Virgin should not be reporting that I am making payments when I am not. What if an error occurs and you report late or missed payments on this closed account.

Can you help get this corrected or if not who do I complain to? 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Petesgirl.

You can send our credit file team an email regarding this - creditamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 

Please let me know how it goes with this, they can take up to 5 working days to respond.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Petesgirl,

I am sorry but I sent the incorrect email, it should be - creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Please email this email and let me know how it goes 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide