cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit File Amendment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi could someone please help me.

I have been with virgin media for many years and decided to leave after poor customer service AND an incident which really upset me, and I am still going through issues until this day (28/2/2022).

I was charged for a mobile phone contract (which I NEVER asked for ),  for 3 months at £9 amounting to £27. I contacted Virgin and spoke to a nice lady,  and long story short it was a mistake on their end as I am a broadband customer only,  and an email was sent by her apologising and clearing the amount of £27 to £0.

HOWEVER on my credit file it shows 3 months of missed payments ? I have gone through all credit agencies and sent over the email proof yet nothings happened, I forgot to add Virgin had sent this over to bailiffs and debt collectors and they harassed me for ages until I sent over the email proof from the lady at Virgin and they'd left me alone.

My question is WHY have virgin not removed this default even though it is THEIR FAULT!!!!

There is no way to contact these people and the generic email is of no use!!

The debt collectors have apologised, the customer service agent from Virgin has apologised, the guys at Equifax have apologised, but VIRGIN MEDIA HAVE YET TO CONTACT ME AND APOLOGISE AND REMOVE THIS DEFAULT!!! I NEVER HAD A PHONE CONTRACT AND I WAS NEVER IN DEBT! MY CREDIT WAS 999 AND NOW ITS ON THE 800 MARK COS OF THIS!!!  

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

I'l need to pop you a PM to discuss this in further detail, just so I can check our systems and get into more specifics with you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly, and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom 

I'm facing a similar situation. Virgin mobile defaulted my credit file on a payment of £26.00. I had a SiM card contract with Virgin mobile ( 24 months duration). The contract ended and I requested my PAC code to move my number to another provider. When I took the contract with Virgin (and please note that I never missed a payment) I was offered an additional line. Once the contract ended I requested the PAC code for the main-line and I believed the second line would cease to exist once the PAC code the main line was requested.

I was never notified by Virgin customer Services that I need to request the PAC code for the second and that was never mentioned to me!! I had several discussion with various Virgin employees regarding this matter and the help has been deplorable. I am unable to review my mortgage agreement due to the default notice in my credit file and my stress level is current of the scale. 

Can someone please help me to resolve this issue?  

Hi @Meria32 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It does seem from the face of it, that this is an issue relating to Virgin Mobile as opposed to the Media side of things. 

Usually, the PAC is generated together if the numbers are on both accounts so if you didn't receive this, we'd need to investigate.

However, as this is an issue relating to arrears it is best to discuss this with our Mobile Collections Team. They are available on 0345 142 4444.

Many thanks

Tom_W