cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Declined

TraceyJ1
Tuning in

I attempted to upgrade my mobile - my credit check failed!  I have been with Virgin for many years mobile, broadband & landline - I have a credit score rated as excellent - after spending a whole evening on the phone being transferred to several people the situation has not been resolved - how can I have a credit request declined when I have an excellent credit rating?

41 REPLIES 41

Well thanks for checking that I cannot afford £16 month for a SIM ONLY deal it is really appreciated. I am so glad that you have stopped me from spending that £16 a month as I may not of been able to afford to run my 5 bedroomed house if I had to pay £16 a month, well done VM and thanks again for looking out for me. Whilst you are looking out for my finances you can cancel MINE and my WIFES current SIM and PHONE contracts, my SONS SIM only deal, Cancel my Virgin TV, HOME PHONE and BROADBAND. Without you guys looking out for me I just dont know what I would do, well done guys and Happy Christmas👍.

Do I get another badge as Mutley wants a medal?

DONT REPLY ON HERE VM AS I FIND IT INSULTING, JUST CANCEL ALL OF MY PRODUCTS LISTED ABOVE, I MEAN IT, DO IT NOW. I WILL NEVER RETURN AGAIN AS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO BAD 😐

Nathan,

The customer's Name is Richard Barrett.

Omg you lot can't even get basic manners right...

**Update 19-01-19**

Had another month of trying to sort this out.

I phoned Equifax as advised and they said they don't have a report on me also I could hardly understand what she was saying, why are all the big companies using call centres abroad? It is really difficult and frustrating, I ended up hanging up after about 25 mins! My online Clearscore Equifax report still shows I am good for credit!

Anyway, I have now got my PAK codes from VM and I have gone to ID Mobile.

I have bought 3 of there SIMS ONLY deals, for £10 each we get 9GB data, 300 mins and unlimited texts the best thing is that they are on a 1 month contract only. Guess what....3 credit checks done and all FINE!

If ID mobile's credit checks are ok then why aren't VM's?

I have also emailed VM credit references department so they can try to sort out why there system is declining me.

Anyway looking forward to 9GB of data soon, bye-bye VM for our phones we have a very long history together but I am afraid it has all ended. (Still got tv and broadband for now as this is actually very good).

Regards

Richard Barratt 

'why are all the big companies using call centres abroad?'

because it is cheap. i've been there. it costs a fraction to rent a downtime indian office and get in 50 locals who speak some english and give them a script and pay them a couple of quid an hour - compared to renting a building in the uk and paying 50 staff the minimum wage, plus all the legal rights they have.

companies will take the hit that some will leave because of using an overseas centre/incompetence versus incompetence in the uk. because the cost is so vastly different ongoing, i don't see things changing for the majority.

Hi Richard,

I'm very sorry that due to the experience you have decided to leave and go elsewhere. 

I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this and that you've left us. 

I'm confident our team will be back in touch to discuss this further and I hope you enjoy your new deal and provider in the future. 

Do let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Mabby1000
Joining in

Virgin is a joke.  I applied for a note plus phone, I have excellent credit rating.  I was offered a sim card only , if I had wanted a sim I would have gone to my local corner shop.  I said just cancel the order and they said we cant do that, just dont sign the credit agreement when it comes,  might have been an idea to ask me if I really wanted just a sim in the first place.  My partner applied for a note plus and she was offered some cheap crappy phone instead.  She also has excellent credit history.    You apply and you never hear anything  unless you chase it up, when you ring the help line, you get someone who can barely speak English, it so bad is comical.      I went to EE shop got a contract and phone no problem at all. My partner went to Tesco and also had no problems getting a phone and contract.  The sales person at EE said they had loads or virgin customers coming to them  who had been rejected.  It was great business for them.   So Virgin get your act together before you go bust lol.   Again

Re: Credit Declined

Actually, it clearly states on the Equifax website that to find out why a company has declined your application, to contact them directly, as it the company that makes the decision, not Equifax, who merely provide your credit report..
I myself have applied for a contract with Virgin Mobile, as a first time customer with a good credit rating and been declined. The customer service trying to solve this issue has been terrible, so a blessing in disguise perhaps.

After waiting longer than 30 minutes to get a replay to get told they will phone back the next day to order a new phone.... and..

Then get told i can't have the phone due to failing their credit check. Been with vm for years and Cable + NTL.

It's vm loss as i've cancelled my sim card contract and tv package will follow, i've since got the phone i wanted via Tesco Mobile without any hassle.

If this how you treat your long term customers god help the short term one's.

Hi I am having a similar problem, I accidentally input the wrong Date of Birth which led to failing credit check.  Now I cannot get the DOB amended, just going round in circles. Its very frustrating.  So double check your details to see if there is a simple error there which could lead to failing the credit check.

PS I have a feeling the credit check is done by some computer algorithm so some simple typing error could easily flag up a fail.