cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Declined

TraceyJ1
Tuning in

I attempted to upgrade my mobile - my credit check failed!  I have been with Virgin for many years mobile, broadband & landline - I have a credit score rated as excellent - after spending a whole evening on the phone being transferred to several people the situation has not been resolved - how can I have a credit request declined when I have an excellent credit rating?

41 REPLIES 41

Hello.

Yesterday was another SHOCKING day for bad service by Virgin.

Existing customer for so many years.

Tv, broadband, phone, 2 x mobile phones and sims on 2 year deals (ends Jan 2019) and 1 x SIM only (deal ended last month), the aforementioned comes to a lot of money (credit) every month for YEARS, never missed a single payment, so I would say GOOD CREDIT HISTORY with VIRGIN, agree?

Constantly receiving emails, phone calls (from India) to upgrade.

Yesterday I went to The Merryhill Shopping Centre and popped into the Virgin shop so I could enquire about what deals were available as the SIM only deal had expired. We agreed £16 for 30gb, amazing deal, I was really happy👍😁.

5 mins later....Credit check....declined!

Now.....I live in a 5 bedroomed house, nice area, 2 cars, a well paid job (above national average), got a mortgage, I pay bills by DD, I have 1 loan, I have had loans in the past for the last 20 years, credit score is 495 on Equifax.

I am not someone who has no house, no job, bad debts, been in the country 5 mins...(I better calm down!).

I am a perfect candidate for credit.

When I phoned up India when I got home and explained this I got told to email the most ridiculous email address ever...

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

I think you tell us this stupidly long and hard to spell email address on purpose!

Why not just change it to something short and easy to spell?????

Anyway I now have a 21 day wait for someone to review my email.....me and all my other mobile phones, TV, Broadband may not be here when you get in touch.

I remember blueyonder broadband, yes Virgin I have been with you that long....bye, bye.

Regards

Richard Barratt

Hi there Nogoodanymore, welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to hear this has been the case, when we consider our customers for an upgrade we do run a credit check through Equifax.

If this has not passed we don't have the details as to why so I would advise contacting Equifax so they can give you this information.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I have emailed Virgin as you told me to do on that stupidly silly email address!

As I said I have done MY OWN CREDIT CHECK ON MYSELF WITH EQUIFAX AND IT IS 495!

Why am I even bothering............

Regards

Richard Barratt 

Unfortunately we can only go off whether the credit check passes or fails.

We are unable to give any further information as to why as we do not hold this information.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Why don't you offer the contact details I need for Equifax instead of just saying it is their fault you cannot give me credit for a pocksy £16 month!

As I said the Equifax report says I am good for credit at a score of 495!

Regards

Richard Barratt 

I've had exactly the same problem! Contacted Equifax and my credit rating is excellent! I am going to move to tesco mobile me thinks. Son has just been billed £73 for receiving a few texts whilst away in US & Canada for 2 weeks!

Contact details for them can be found in the following link https://www.equifax.co.uk/Contact-us/Contact_Us_Personal_Solutions.html

Nathan B

Too late for me...Im off I have been with VM since 2001. I have raved to friends family and SM of how BRILLIANT VM is....But to refuse me a better phone.

WHY HAS VM Customer Service nose dived so steep??

I'm off to EE.

BYE BYE to your poor Customer Service

I am deeply insulted and angry with VM for being treated this way it is absolutely disgraceful and shocking how you treat your long serving and loyal customers. 

P.s. stop sending me stupid emails saying I have earned a community badge, I am not a 5 year old child. Stop the pathetic condescending badges and just sort out your customer service problems.

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nogoodanymore,

I am sorry you feel this way, our credit checks are important so we know we are making responsible decision for us and the customer. As for the forum badges these are a feature of using our community forums a lot of our dedicated users enjoy these.

Thanks Joe_F