Menu
Doodledad
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Consumer Underwriting Services - are they really there?

Hi,

I have been being passed around round Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media for the last 2 hours without anybody being able to help with my query.

I am trying to get a new Virgin Mobile phone contract for the I-phone X - I want to transfer my number from Vodafone and have the puc code etc - all good so far.

The only problem is that I fail the credit score criteria to get the phone - this came as a major surprise to me as my current Experian credit score is 950 out of 1000.  I was advised by your sales team that you don't use Experian but use Equifax instead - so I contacted Equifax and obtained a full report from the - my score there is 544 out of 600 - Excellent. 

I have no other indicators of risk on my credit report and have never been refused credit in the past.

I have a Virgin Media account and a Virgin Credit card with a credit limit significantly higher than the £1200 value of the agreement for the I-Phone X.

I have been advised to contact your Consumer Underwriting department to try and resolve this issue but this seem to be an impossible task - e-mail addresses don't work and phone numbers bring you back to the same departments in a never ending loop of cluelessness.

Does anyone have a phone number for this mythical land of credit goblins who randomly have the power to decide your credit fate with our mighty Virgin overseers!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Consumer Underwriting Services - are they really there?

came up with this in a reply creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - cannot say if its current but worth a try

Tony
Doodledad
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony - best help I have had by miles - now only have to wait 21 days for a reply!

0 Kudos
paulk68
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi There - I have just had the exact same experience! How did you get on with the email address given to you?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Doodledad
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have had a response asking for personal details but nothing further - the address does work.
0 Kudos
CreditGenius
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You could seek to supply a copy of your credit file with a brief outline as to why you should have your application overturned.

A credit underwriter or someone similar would look to review your application again.

0 Kudos
jojo321
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

did you get a reply?? 

I also had the same.. Equifax has nothing wrong on my file.. still somehow I can't purchase a phone from Virgin.. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jojo321,

I am sorry to hear about this. Have we been unable to find any obvious reason why your application with us may have been rejected? Have you tried the credit file email provided by -tony- ? They may be able to provide you with additional info on the reason your application was unfortunately rejected. ^TomS

0 Kudos