cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice after changing tariff

gseveri07
Tuning in

I spoke to 2 customer service operators on the phone, both of which were unhelpful, and the first ended up hanging up the call when I asked to speak to her manager.

The 2nd told me the manager would call me back in 2 hours, I'm hoping that will happen.

Here's my issue:

I'm on pay monthly and I switched my tariff from £12 to £14 on the 14th June.

My billing cycle goes from 14th to 13th of the next month, and my bill gets raised on my account on the 14th after renewing my cycle at midnight and I pay via DD on the 28th.

E.g. Billing Cycle 14th May - 13th June, bill gets raised 14th June midnight, and paid 28th June.

My May to June bill cycle was £12, which was raised midnight 14th June. - But as explained earlier I switched to a different tariff on the 14th June, so at 1:30pm I also got charged £14 in advance.

So I have a charge of £12 at midnight, and 13:30 hours later a second charge of £14.
Another charge of £14 was raised to my account on 14th July at midnight.

Customer service insists I cannot get a refund because the £12 charge is for my usage between May and June, therefore paying in Arrears.... but the £14 is in advance, and the last £14 raised on the 14th July is for the month of August therefore again in Advance.

That's what I'm disputing, Virgin can't pick and choose which month to charge in arrears, and which month to charge in Advance... either they are all in advance or they are all in arrears.

I want a refund, and an additional good will gesture for the poor customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gseveri07

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

gseveri07
Tuning in
UPDATE:

2 hours and 40 mins later I call them again to say that the manager didn't call, and the operator put me on hold, and the call drops.
1 min later I get a call which ends before I can press "answer".
I call the number back and it's switchboard for virgin media.
So I hung up and wait with phone in hand for them to try again.
1 minute later it rings, I press answer and call drops - my history registered it as a missed call despite me pressing "answer".
Which means the call was dropped at their end before I could press answer.

I call customer support and they claim the manager tried to call and it went to voice mail.
What kind of scam is this?

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gseveri07 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry to hear of the confusion around your mobile bills.  I would like to take a closer look to see what we can do to help resolve this issue.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

I've replied to your Private Message.
I've also sent you some additional information, but just to repeat... the main issue is regarding how - according to the customer service people I spoke to on the phone - the £12 was paid in arrears, but all other payments were in advance.

I do not understand how a single month's payment is calculated in arrears... when every other payment is always in advance.
It is mighty convenient for that single payment to be in arrears.
So either there's something in your policy I do not understand, or customer service is lying to their customers.

Kind Regards,

Thanks @gseveri07 I will respond to your private message.

Regards

Lee

Hi @gseveri07

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee

Super Satisfied thanks!