Menu
SarR
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charged for data

Checked my bill, been charged for using data when I’m using WiFi and still in my allowance. This can’t be right as get no service or signal at home. I can’t receive or make calls from home but Virgin can charge me for data!! 

0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for data

Join the club - I haven't been charged (yet) but I have entries on my bills telling me I'm using data that is not in plan - even though I have about 2.5GB of data left to use AND the phone is on wifi.  I feel that it's only a matter of time before I get charged as well like everyone else on here.  I'm scared to switch my phone on these days.

VM staffers on here will fob you off claiming it's your fault.

You need to ring Customer Services and complain, complain, complain.

This looks like a very lucrative set up for VM.  I wonder how much they're making from people who just pay and don't check.  

Search the forums, there are many people in the same boat as you.  

0 Kudos
lVlatt
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I have been overcharged several times in the last 3 months keep getting promised that it will be refunded only for the same problem to arise, I feel that someone external to Virgin needs to resolve this therefore I suggest you all refer this to The Financial ombudsman service as it seems to be beyond Virgin.

The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR

Phone :0300 1239123

Email :complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk 

https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SarR,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your data charges. In order to look into this, I will need to take further details from you. 

I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Highlighted
brummy
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have noticed that my bill shows that I am using internet via mobile data in the early hours of the morning, when i am asleep! I even turned off the mobile data and am still showing as using data. I phoned customer services to enquire and was basically told that my mobile data must be turned on and it was the phone updating. the agent would not believe me that it was turned off and was basically saying i was lying. I have an iphone SE and it is set to update via wifi only and even when the mobile data is turned off it is shown as using the internet. I have a really poor signal in the house so i know that it will not update via mobile data.

Any suggestions as customer service will not listen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there brummy, welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with this, if you are able to send me a private message with the following details I will check this for you:

• Your mobile number
  • The full name on the account
  • Confirm if you are the account holder

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos