cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of ownership

Biddyk
Tuning in

Hello, 

My virgin mobile sim is on my husband's account.  I want to move the account name and email address to my own. There are 4 numbers on the account - myself, husband and 2 children.  I want myself and the children to remain and husband to have his own account.  Can I do this change of ownership via this forum?

5 REPLIES 5

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Biddyk,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you are wanting to change this, can I please ask the reason? Also we would need to speak to the current account holder and pass data protection first.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've separated from my husband and so I need to keep me and the two children on this account and my husband needs to move to a different account.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Biddyk

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We can are able to offer transfer of responsibility's on:

• Freestyal - The sim/airtime only, the handset loan will have to remain in the current customers name.
  • Sim only 
  • Combi 

We are not able to transfer OOMPH sims. 

However having said all of the above, we are not able to do this via the forums as the new account holder would need to pass a credit check. 

You can get hold of the mobile team by calling 789 from your handset. 

Hope this helps somewhat. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thank you. The Oomph sim is in my name as part of my virgin media account package (which is in my name). Although it still shows up on the virgin mobile account too. Is this a problem? We only have sim only accounts. Can he ring up and arrange the credit check etc? We've both rung up and been told different things on the phone. We're not living together and unlikely to see each other soon.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

It will more than likely need both of you to be present at the same time, there would be no issues with it being listed on the mobile account to. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M