Menu
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Change Of Contract Call

I called on Monday to change my mobile package to the one that was being offered with the 40gb of 4g data. I was told that i would not be able to do this until i had my new sim which had been sent out. I told the agent that i had the sim, and they said i would not be able to activate it until today which i have tried and keep being told 'Sorry looks like you haven't got your new sim yet. Please try again when you've got your new sim to hand.' Odd, because i have had it for days now.

I was told that i would still be able to take the package i requested when my sim swaps over and i would like to know if this is still true ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change Of Contract Call

Ok. Just called Virgin to see how to activate this sim, and low and behold, i get a call centre person in India (Sure Sounded Foreign).

Tried explaining three times that my new sim i was sent is clearly not registered on your system as when i text Switch to 789225 i get the same message

'Sorry, looks like you haven't got your new sim yet. Please try again when you have your new sim to hand.'

How many times do i have to say that i have the sim and it was delivered on the 29th ? But NOOOOOOO.... She says that since i haven't had it delivered, she will send me a new sim, which will now take another 3 to 5 days.

I am really starting to understand why there are so many complaints on here now. Call centres abroad with people who can barely speak a lick of English, let alone understand the bloody customers needs.

And if Virgin turn round and tell me i can't have this upgrade, then that's it for me. I will not listen to fairy tales (I can ready bloody Aesops Fables for that) or stories of woe etc. I will just ask for my pac and be gone.

Having to wait 5 days on the forum for a reply is a joke too. Get more bloody decent support staff who have access to accounts and who can really help.

And a Superhub 3 that is plagued with issues (Latency on the puma 6 chip (CONFIRMED BY INTEL)) and is still actively being pushed by Virgin to new customers even though it cannot be fixed. Bloody router should be in the bin as it's not fit for purpose. How do i get my Superhub 2 back ?

This is the second time Virgin has vexed me today and it's the last.

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well after a really bad day yesterday, i woke up today with a positive outlook on life and thought i would try the SWITCH word to the number.

Lo and behold it worked and told me i will have to change my sim tomorrow. Only worry now is, will the sim work when i change it lol.

Still want to know how i can get my old Superhub 2 back, as the Superhub 3 is just utter tripe.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dominatez, apologies for the delay getting back to you.

How is everything looking for you today with your sim?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan,

My sim should have been switched off last night allowing me to change over to my new sim. Guess what ???

It hasn't happened. I am still using my old sim. What a shock. I really am starting to tire of Virgin and all of its services now. It's one comedy of errrors after another. It makes me laugh as i still can't take up my new contract, and i know that when i call, i will be told that i can't have it.

I wonder when my old sim will be turned off so i can insert my new one ?

FRUSTRATED..... JUST MASSIVELY.

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, Finally, Today about 1.30pm, they turned off my old sim (3 days late) and my new sim works fine.

Got their in the end, but the amount of faffing around for a simple procedure like this is annoying.

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Scrap that. My WiFi was on so it was showing my data as connected with no issue.
As soon as I turn my WiFi off, my data has an exclamation mark next to it.
Well done Virgin Mobile, you have excelled yourself. You can't even do a simple aim swap without ruining that.
I will be calling later on and asking for my pac and no amount of trying to keep me is going to work now as I am so thoroughly astonished at how you can take a simple sim change and totally ruin it.
0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok. Spoke to someone called Richard quite clearly abroad, who tried to explain that i had my sim changed as Virgin are using their own towers now and not EE's (I nearly choked with laughter) and then told me because my sim was switched over, i would have to wait until they sorted it out before my data came back on.

Then proceeded to tell me that my plan was the VIP unlimted everything and that they don't do that plan anymore. I said yes, but i am being offered the same plan when i goto change my contract for less money and he said i couldn't be. Trust me. Option 3 was ryhming off the same plans i have for a few quid less.

Tried to talk me into staying and said they would try and fix my data when i got home and over the landline. (Little odd considering they said i'd have to wait until they sorted out the sim swapover). I said "No Thanks" as you know when someone is lying through a hole in their teeth to you.

I asked him to please cancel my contract and send my PAC as i have had enough of Virgin Mobile and will never deal with a company who lies to me and delivers a service that has to be the worst i have ever had in my entire life. Sorry, but i used to think all these horrror stories on here about these issues were exaggerated. Now i know they were the plain and simple truth and told from the perspective of an angry customer who feels like banging their head off a brick wall because the call centre people abroad either don't know or simply don't care. (I will go with the don't care).

Thanks Virgin, it has been a somewhat tumultous experience, from poor signals, to you bouncing my Direct debit (Never happened before) to this sim swap over debacle. Can't say i will miss it, but hopefully, i will find a much better service provider now.

Neil

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, apologies for the delayed response.

How is everything looking for you now? 

Nathan B

0 Kudos