Menu
triggerhoppy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cap on bill

I currently have 3 mobile accounts. One is for my granddaughter. She is really heavy handed with her data. As such, I requested a cap on the bill. Apparently, I cannot set a cut off of data only. The whole phone becomes unusable unless connected to wifi. After talking to my granddaughter, she told me that her friend is also a virgin mobile user and she has a cut off on data only. I also noticed that when she was refreshed, she sent a picture message, which took her over the total cap. This was inclusive of the previous monthly bill, which had not been taken out of my bank account. I contacted customer services who told me that they would sort it. This they did, by reducing the monthly amount due on the last bill. Surely it would be preferable to enable the cap on a month to month basis, as the direct debit date is a fortnight after the bill date. Of course, a cut off on the data allocation would be much more preferable, as this would eliminate the need for a cap in the first instance. If they are able to do this for her friend, why not for her?

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cap on bill

No cap on data available from Virgin :-(
It's possible to set a cap with most phones within their settings.

Virgin just have a cap on how much credit you can spend each month, with £50 being the lowest.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
triggerhoppy
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag. Thanks for your reply.

I do disagree with your comments though. I have set a cap of £25 on that account. Also, it doesn't explain why her friend can have her data cut and she cannot.

Please don't take this as a criticism of your standing here.

Again, thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
K_Campbell
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I too have just been hit with a £96 bill for my 12 year old's phone for what I thought was a £15 contract! I am shocked and angered that they have no data cap with this contract. I shopped around for the best pay monthly mobile deals - this certainly was a false economy. Very disappointed and have been a Virgin Media customer for last 10 years! 

Only solution you can offer is a credit cap of £20 which can't be put in place till my bill gets paid at the end of he month and that my son monitors his data use - which is a huge responsibility for a 12 year old. Not impressed.

0 Kudos
triggerhoppy
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi K_Campbell.

I must admit that I do agree with you. There is a lot to be done to improve massive bills. The customer services at 789 are usually very helpful though.

They always try their best to resolve problems. I don't know what other providers have put in place, if any, as I have been a long standing customer with Virgin. Generally though I have been happy with the service provided.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there K_Campbell, welcome to our forums.

We do advise that as part of our terms and conditions that anything used out of allowances will be charged.

We don't also offer caps i'm afraid

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos