Menu
Jonesy75
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to my mobile 3g 4g

I had to do a reset on my Moto g5 last night and now I cannot connect to 3g or 4g data ..... My mobile data is on ...

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to my mobile 3g 4g

Try texting ALL to 789922 to see if APN settings download.

You can also add a new APN manually if needed, use the all-in-one settings in this link  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-Purple-Virgin-Mobile-SIM-and-need-the-APN-set...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my Teclast Tablet M20_4G is showing a good 4G Virgin signal, the data is enabled, but my data seems to be not connected. I have tried texting the msg ALL to 789922 but nothing happens. I have also tried entering all the details for a combined mms and data config as in your reply and still do not seem to have a connection for data. The phone works perfectly on the Virgin 4G connection. Should it show LTE as well? I am wondering if it is just because I don't have a perfect signal .. it looks about 25% to 50%. I have tried everything with no success. This is a brand new tablet. There are lots of options as to provider and those connect to Virgin okay.

Not sure where I go from here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Wuzabeeb, thanks for your post.

Just to confirm are you having this issue both indoors and out?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan B ,,, yes, inside and out, and sometimes tiny bits of data get through, as data useage in the settings shows 33MB in two weeks .. however the WIFI data is 2.6GB ! Google seems to be able to get in occasionally ... but absolutely nothing else.

Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for clarifying that, are you able to go through some diagnostics here to see if this helps?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update .. I have checked the Teclast M20-4G specifications and they say 4G support type is as below;

Dual 4G Network
Support TDD+FDD 4G network and dual SIM card slot.

when I bought it, they specifically said it supported LTE

What is the difference please? I'm wondering if I need a different setup to normal to use this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How is everything since your last post wuzabeeb? 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan, still NO DATA .. nothing that I do seems to make it happen ... but everything else works fine. I can only imagine that this TECLAST M20_4G tablet, which has the 4G Data capability, is somehow locked to the Chinese waveband set at a different frequency band from what Virgin are using. Is that likely? And if so, there must be some way to shift it in setup commands? HELP!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that Smiley Sad 

It would make sense with what you're saying. Unfortunately we can only do what we can do in regards to making sure the service is active. I apologise that you're having the issue with the device. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos