Menu
Jonesy75
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to my mobile 3g 4g

I had to do a reset on my Moto g5 last night and now I cannot connect to 3g or 4g data ..... My mobile data is on ...

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to my mobile 3g 4g

Try texting ALL to 789922 to see if APN settings download.

You can also add a new APN manually if needed, use the all-in-one settings in this link  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/New-Purple-Virgin-Mobile-SIM-and-need-the-APN-set...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my Teclast Tablet M20_4G is showing a good 4G Virgin signal, the data is enabled, but my data seems to be not connected. I have tried texting the msg ALL to 789922 but nothing happens. I have also tried entering all the details for a combined mms and data config as in your reply and still do not seem to have a connection for data. The phone works perfectly on the Virgin 4G connection. Should it show LTE as well? I am wondering if it is just because I don't have a perfect signal .. it looks about 25% to 50%. I have tried everything with no success. This is a brand new tablet. There are lots of options as to provider and those connect to Virgin okay.

Not sure where I go from here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Wuzabeeb, thanks for your post.

Just to confirm are you having this issue both indoors and out?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan B ,,, yes, inside and out, and sometimes tiny bits of data get through, as data useage in the settings shows 33MB in two weeks .. however the WIFI data is 2.6GB ! Google seems to be able to get in occasionally ... but absolutely nothing else.

Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for clarifying that, are you able to go through some diagnostics here to see if this helps?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update .. I have checked the Teclast M20-4G specifications and they say 4G support type is as below;

Dual 4G Network
Support TDD+FDD 4G network and dual SIM card slot.

when I bought it, they specifically said it supported LTE

What is the difference please? I'm wondering if I need a different setup to normal to use this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How is everything since your last post wuzabeeb? 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
wuzabeeb
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan, still NO DATA .. nothing that I do seems to make it happen ... but everything else works fine. I can only imagine that this TECLAST M20_4G tablet, which has the 4G Data capability, is somehow locked to the Chinese waveband set at a different frequency band from what Virgin are using. Is that likely? And if so, there must be some way to shift it in setup commands? HELP!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that 😞 

It would make sense with what you're saying. Unfortunately we can only do what we can do in regards to making sure the service is active. I apologise that you're having the issue with the device. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos