cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cancel my contract!

Bren123
Tuning in

Trying to cancel my contract however kept on hold for ages, then cut off! Trying not to be cynical but this appear to be a common issue where VM make it extremely difficult to leave.  The only thing I can do is cancel direct debit and wait for VM to come screaming.  I have evidenced the difficulty and made a complaint so I have observed the cancelation period.  Can't VM see that this behaviour is losing customers!  There should be cancelation option on Web page.

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cancelling your Direct Debit won't get them at your door. The first you will know about it is a letter from a debt recovery agency and a black mark on your credit file.

Can you not simply PAC your number out onto another network? That will cancel things.

The team on here will inform you they have no way of dealing with cancellations 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bren123, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've had some issues getting a cancellation request sorted. If it's mobile, as advised above you can request a PAC via your online account - and providing the PAC to a new provider is effectively providing 30 days notice.

Alternatively cancellation can be done by calling 789/ 0345 600 0789 or via text on 0753 301 6422.

Hope this helps.

Tom