cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling sim contract

Sheebs65
Tuning in

How does my son cancel his mobile sim contract with Virgin?  This sim was linked to a spare phone he longer has and hasn't replaced,  he now wishes to cancel his sim contract.  He has requested and now has a STAC code, What does he do with this now? Is it possible to do this online rather than phoning 150?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sheebs65, thanks a lot for your post here in the community.

If your son already has the STAC Code from us then this is all that's needed from our side. If he then passes his STAC Code to his new provider, they will ensure the SIM is cancelled from our side.

I do hope that helps but please let me know if you need further help.
Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sheebs65, thanks a lot for your post here in the community.

If your son already has the STAC Code from us then this is all that's needed from our side. If he then passes his STAC Code to his new provider, they will ensure the SIM is cancelled from our side.

I do hope that helps but please let me know if you need further help.
Many thanks

Tom_W

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If he has a STAC code it needs to be given to another phone company. They action the code and the Virgin account will then close automatically.

@Tom_W1 beat me to it!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli 

Thanks for your message.  My son is not wanting to continue with this sim or phone number and has no intention to move to another provider.  We've cancelled the direct debit but VM are still trying to charge him for this sim which he longer uses and is sitting out of a phone which we intend to destroy once we get this sorted out.

Thanks for your message.My son is not wanting to continue with this sim or phone number and has no intention to move to another provider. We've cancelled the direct debit but VM are still trying to charge him for this sim which he longer uses and is sitting out of a phone which we intend to destroy once we get this sorted out.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The STAC does not continue or transfer a number. If you or a member of your family has a phone with any other networks then apply it to that

However, the STAC may now be out of date as they only last 30 day and you would need another one.

As it was not applied then the Virgin account was not closed, so they are correct in charging you. Cancellation of the Direct Debit has put you in default.

Personally I would make sure you have an in date STAC and apply it ASAP.

Otherwise, the account holder needs to formally close the account  by ringing customer services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Sheebs65

Thank you for your reply

Are you aware if the STAC is out of date as this will be the reason the account hasn't been cancelled off yet? If you contact our customer service team they can double check all of these details.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Son phoned VM on the 15th March to deactivate the phone no, quoted the STAC code and paid the outstanding bill. Which VM took all the details and deactivated this phone no and took the STAC code and payment, they have now issued yet another bill although my son has not used this number since our phone call of 15th March (Debit debit was also cancelled) I'm getting really p****d with VM I just wish they would do what they say they will do and leave us alone. We are getting a lot of phone calls and voice messages wanting us to update the various mobile contracts in the house, I've told them I'm not interested maybe they'll pay attention if I cancel all our business with them. (TV, Broadband, Phone & four mobiles!!!!!!!!!!!!)

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Was this STAC code ever applied as suggested? 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to see this Sheebs65! 

What I will do is send you over a private message so that I can look into this for you 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.