cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling of one phone on account

ID375
Tuning in

I have two phones attached to my account.  One is mine and one is for my daughter.  She decided to take on her own account now so I requested a PAC code which she got.  She has set up her own account with Virgin but for some reason the PAC code didn't work and she has been given a new phone number.  I am now stuck with her plan still showing active on my account as this hasn't gone through.  Her new number is working fine.  I have now requested a STAC code but not sure what to do with this now so her phone plan with me ends and I am not left paying another month.  Help please

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A PAC code does not allow you to move numbers within the same network. If her phone is still active on your account get a cheap payg SIM from the likes of ASDA and PAC to that. She will need then to get a PAC code from ASDA to bring the number back to Virgin

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So because I have requested a STAC code now does that make a difference or would I need her to get another sim and do what you suggested?

Hi ID375,

Thanks for your post.

Has enlli has correctly advised, we cannot port numbers within Virgin. PAC and STACs can only be used and processed when given to another provider.

If your daughter wishes to keep the same number, we would need to create a new account for her and then transfer her SIM over to her new account. For this, we'd need to speak with both yourself and your daughter to complete the transfer.

A STAC is a code that allows you to move to another provider but terminate your current mobile number. If she wishes to open her own account and a new SIM/handset with a new mobile number, then she'd need to call our Sales Team on 0800 052 0238.

Hope that helps - let us know if you have any further questions.

Beth

Beth

Thanks for your reply.  My daughter has already set up her new account with Virgin and she has been given a different phone number.  We don't live in the same house so who needs to phone first so we can get this sorted out?

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ID375,

You would need to call first in order to get this issue resolved, please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team